Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. I just have a bit of problem, recently
Two of my neighbors had a baby and now they are telling me to stop riding my bike.. And I have been searching up some few things last night about quieting down my bike and I found the SPRAYCAN MOD but I have no idea howto do it so I was wondering if someone can write a nice detailed tutorial thanks

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hmmm, maybe it's time to track down a parking lot to use....

I've rigged up the $5 Briggs and Stratton type mufflers from Lowe's or home depot, it took some of the bite off but it is still noisy...

I'm currently designing something that should work better, but it's not ready yet...

hopefully SpyGuy will be here soon, he is our resident Spray Can Mod EXPERT!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hmmm, maybe it's time to track down a parking lot to use....

I've rigged up the $5 Briggs and Stratton type mufflers from Lowe's or home depot, it took some of the bite off but it is still noisy...

I'm currently designing something that should work better, but it's not ready yet...

hopefully SpyGuy will be here soon, he is our resident Spray Can Mod EXPERT!

Nick maybe you can use this idea I did to one of my X1's............

I turned the stock can into a dual chamber muffler by cutting it open ;- taking a 1" diameter muffler pipe the length of the can and modifying it with hash cuts aswell as welding a blockoff slug in the center to divert the sound into the outter part of the can and back into the rear part of the tube to the exit............My Monster X1 is so quiet now its freaky.............lol

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I love it, that is better than what I've been trying, and it sounds easier too!

I'll mock it up in 3D real soon, and give it a try!

Thanks for the tip!

Nick maybe you can use this idea I did to one of my X1's............

I turned the stock can into a dual chamber muffler by cutting it open ;- taking a 1" diameter muffler pipe the length of the can and modifying it with hash cuts aswell as welding a blockoff slug in the center to divert the sound into the outter part of the can and back into the rear part of the tube to the exit............My Monster X1 is so quiet now its freaky.............lol

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Thanks for linking to the thread, Trip. The one on The Rat was the first one I built, and I have another on a spare exhaust pipe that was on a different bike (now currently in pieces). It's a pretty easy mod to do, just takes a little time and patience.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Let me bring my bikes to your house, they will never complain about loud pipes after that,lol,lol.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I got a couple of buddies that know some of the local Hell's Angels ..... :D

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if your riding in the day then i dont see an issue
i lived next door to a harley owner and that sheet is loud!
some people will complain if they think they can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts