Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the best way to install an iPod mount on an x18 or a pocket bike at that? I want to use a couple apps that require it to be stable on the bike while it moves.

I was thinking of carving a small iPod shaped grove on my gas can for it and valcro a case to it? Please give me suggestions!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I've used some rubber matting for "Anti-Vibration" and some Zip-Ties in the past, but it does not look clean, is it stable? YES! but it looks really ugly.

You could even use a "DC" car I-pod adapter to tie into the battery! :D:thumbsup:

Velcro works pretty well, and would look better when the I-pod was on the bike, but I wouldn't try to get a knee down, or trust it to be secure in a "Crash" :eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
its some brackets that you can buy to hold your ipod.screw it to your forks and bam u good

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would suggest going on eBay and buying a cheap dash kit for your ipod. I know for my phone you can get one for around $10, or even cheaper. Look for one that's adjustable, maybe a universal one, so you can assure your ipod will be locked in place. You could then attach that to the forks and should be good to go. If there's no practical way of attaching the mount to the bike, do as NaSa suggested, rubber matting and zip ties. Adding a DC car charger to the battery is a brilliant idea as well just be sure to get your wiring right though. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts