Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is jason
I was lucky yesterday in a couple respects. I went to our local recycle center and bought a pocket bike for $25. I was also lucky to find you guys to help with this obvious basket case. As far as i have learned it is a blata replica with a mt-a4 engine. It is missing its pull start, and the little tangs on the flywheel that pull start claw grab on to. The front dual brake lever base is broken. Lastly the water pump isn't turning the o ring belt thingy is there but the water pump pulley is siezed.
I have found all parts online. but would like to gett a hold of those little tags and springs if there are any . rather than buy a whole flywheel asm. to access the water pump bearings does one need to split the cases? I would check but it is 0 degrees outside don't feel like looking today.
Lastly if anyone has these parts used i would be interested in buying them.
Thank you
Jason

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum......To get to the waterpump bearings your gonna have to split the case..A case splitter tool works great but the block can also be split with a steeringwheel puller......

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome to the nightmare,lol. It's a funny thing, my 50cc MT-A4 or C1 where I bought it in Canada, and shipped to the USA, it's all apart now cause the water pump bearings went out and broke the O ring too. Yes you have to split the cases and then you can do some porting and cleaning up. If you use China bearings from an online store there only $3 to $5 each. I buy alot of bearings for 10 bikes, so I buy them 10 at a time $13 to $20.
Does it still have a body?? Wait till you get this thing running it's a handfull, and they love to wheelie. Most A4s are 39cc mine is called a 50cc but it is almost 46cc, 39.5mm & 37mm bores, and a 37mm stroke.
Does it look anything like this??

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for repling. yes, Looks like it. but it is missing the fairing. One question though if the pump went out it overheated. would that ruin the engine? warp something or something? i figure po tryied to take flywheel off and lost the pull start and little tangs. should i replace fly wheel or try finding those little claw grabber thingys.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
First thing to break is the body, when you crash,lol. On the over heating it's hard to say, we were not there to see how bad it over heated.
Mine is just like yours, the bearings froze, the O ring broke and the impeller shaft was spinning in side the bearing race. So I got a new impeller for $12, new bearings and a water seal. Mine is still apart, doing a bunch of modding on the cases, and new SKF 6203 TN9 C3 Blata crank bearings, rod bearing, and seals, from France thru Germany, cause I am buying Cag Billet Alum bullet proof cases, all together to save money on shipping.
A new starter cover is around $25, The flywheel $30, not sure if you can buy the starter arms & springs. You water pump bearings are SKF627. Good bearings don't cost much more than China junk bearings & seals.
I would take the cylinder off and look, you have to anyway, to split the cases.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I bet the water pump was leaking and the bearings have rusted up and froze. A easy way to tell if the motor may of seized or not from over heating is to put a socket on the flywheel nut and see it it turns

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Well no at least once you have them straightened out here a few of the problem that been posted in the past with the cooling system. Some of the caps are put together wrong. The top of the cooling bottle as been not straight. Hoses not put in the right locations. Bleeding the system. Theres threads to show you just search them out in the water cooled section and check to your left in that section for top 10 threads. For tuning a b1 china rep. Its the first one one the list..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.