Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have an x18 for a few months now and im topping it out easy and im light like 130 so i do go pretty fast but I want more speed is it worth getting another engine or not?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Check out what Blitz has for sale! that setup is badazz! Talk to him, he is really nice and knows TONS about the Honda clones! Cam2 knows about them too, and Glenn, and Swheels! I know a little, but not enough to be really helpful with them!

Nick.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Look for a 4 speed dirt bike kick start only eng. The 125cc up is a different engine than the 110cc. The 125 to 140cc are different. The 150 & 160cc are different to, I believe. I have a 125cc kit for my X18, but it only goes from 107cc to 114cc, and there is a high top piston too.
On ebay there are engines 125cc - 160cc from $300 to $800+ dollars and come with on oil cooler.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
How much loot you got..................?.....Just know even if Blitz gives you a deal on what he has you'll still be lacking alot of parts aswell as a proper suspension,,tires and brakes to handle aswell as stop it.............Start a list and start adding up.............

My streetlegal X15 buildup costed me over a grand to get it dialed in and the 110cc modded to run very respectable speeds aswell as streetlegal dress...........Cut that in half for the suspension/brake mods and add on your engine,,exhaust,,carb;-etc and youll see the build will be close to $2k..................Be prepared to come close to that figure....

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
How much loot you got..................?.....Just know even if Blitz gives you a deal on what he has you'll still be lacking alot of parts aswell as a proper suspension,,tires and brakes to handle aswell as stop it.............Start a list and start adding up.............

My streetlegal X15 buildup costed me over a grand to get it dialed in and the 110cc modded to run very respectable speeds aswell as streetlegal dress...........Cut that in half for the suspension/brake mods and add on your engine,,exhaust,,carb;-etc and youll see the build will be close to $2k..................Be prepared to come close to that figure....
Geez.... for a 2k you could just about get a full size 250. But there is something about owning something small and fast heh heh.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Geez.... for a 2k you could just about get a full size 250. But there is something about owning something small and fast heh heh.
It's like kids, or a petite girl friend (short) they are just Cute for some reason! :) :thumbsup:

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
hey guys i have an x18 for a few months now and im topping it out easy and im light like 130 so i do go pretty fast but I want more speed is it worth getting another engine or not?
the short answer is yes its worth it
i started with a stock 125 and went from there, now i would go the 150-160 route, either way is nice, but that isnt the whole story and other things need to be done before you try to go over 60 on stock tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts