Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took my bike apart so i can re weld everything and found this cut and wasnt sure if its meant to be here because its a clean cut but couldnt figure out any reason for it being there, should i weld this up or leave it?

Attachments

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
When I saw that on my 19/15 swingarm I thought the same thing lol
I think it's supposed to be a relief cut so the stress does not crack it I left mine alone for now and I've riden pretty hard with no probs so I guess it's ok

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
strange
if that is where the swingarm goes through then id say maybe its to take up slack? nah
were you sleep walking with a hacksaw?

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha na but yea its where the swingarm goes, that was the only thing i could think of too, a small space to maybe move a little if the swingarm needed to. thanks yall ill just leave it alone

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you two werent on this site it would just be a bunch of people asking questions all the time with no one answering them.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Lol we try

I'm still not sure about welding that maybe I'll try it on my battered 15 frame and see if there is any difference

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
ive never had that frame,so im not that familiar, but relief cut sounds par for the chinese
you should leave it, wait for a problem and look at the area often
if we wernt here it would be kids somehow tuning their 110s to go over 100mph with 'just a few mods'...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts