Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to make my x18 faster. I asked drgnprelude and he said to get a 15 tooth front sprocket and 28 tooth rear sprocket. I searched everything I will get which includes sprockets, chains, and chain breaker. I know how to remove links to the right size (thanks again drgnprelude!) and all that jazz. But he said that I would have to move the rear wheel "into the middle of the slots ". I know what this means but other then his tip, how would you do this? Also, I removed the cover for the front sprocket and saw that it is bolted into the transmission and such. Is this hard to remove and replace or would I just take off the chain, remove the bolts, and replace the sprocket? It looks simple but I don't want to do it wrong and pay for it later. Thanks guys!!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
this is the adjustment slot for the rear wheel put the wheel in the middle and lay the chain around it then mark and cut where u want
WP_001031.jpg
this is the bolt i use the one in front of the foot peg mount or rearsets as they are called
the big bolt on one side and a nut on the other i go from the center of that to the center of the rear wheel axle to measure to make sure the rear wheel is straight or true and even

WP_001032.jpg

and dont nobody bash me about my rear adjusters i know there not the right size but i wanted to ride today and its all i had lol i will be getting the right set in the mail soon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks! I thought that you meant I had to almost take off the wheel :p. And will it be hard to replace the sprockets and chain? Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts