Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
HI i was racing and some boy come off his bike and his bike hit the tyre wall and bounced in front of me and i heat his bike and whet flying like super man over the handal bars and landed on my shoulder scott

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
That's one of the breaks about racing (no pun intended), and also why they're called "accidents." You didn't really do anything wrong, so you shouldn't blame yourself.

Now get your *** back on that bike and ride. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
bad crash mate when i hit the over bike i was fall throttle on my b1 and flow like 10 feet was crazy and the funny thing is it was the only time my mum didn't come racing mybe someone is trying to tell me somethink loool scotty

·
Registered
538 Posts
HI i was racing and some boy come off his bike and his bike hit the tyre wall and bounced in front of me and i heat his bike and whet flying like super man over the handal bars and landed on my shoulder scott
Hey Scotty..!! Thought I Might add a Little to Getting your confidence back... For Starters I'm Guessing You Love Riding ,Racing,and Have a Deep passion for Minimotos. If this is you,you're missing out on all the fun but,affraid to suffer the traumas of injuries from crashing and burning...First step is to surround yourself/spend some time watching the better riders whom you wish to be like :)and also especially the ones you don't want to ride like(High risk/over the edge riders:confused:). Pay close Attention to the better riders "habits"Riding position,form-style,and techniques.Watching them all long enough should help you build the confidence to get you back on the bike.Once on your bike again try to follow the better riders & their lines and as much as possible steer clear of anyone else or just let them pass...!! Simple Tip..You're trying to learn to reach knee dragging point.Practice this:set yourself up 3 figure 8 courses in small, medium, and very large sizes.Start with medium,then small,and when you are ready the Very Large for Higher speeds.Most important...keep your chin up and ALWAYS pointing towards your turns.I.E.Left turn- chin over left collar bone,Right turn chin over right collar bone and Last but not least your eyes looking through the turn ahead and not down.Important lesson I Learned the hard way."Where you look is where you will end up.So if you see someone crash in front of you don't look at them.Look at were you should go to get around them safe & quick."Hope this helps..!!:thumbsup:During the weekdays Try to find good videos or pictures of riders you know that are at an expert level and study their moves. Get use to these techniques and habits at home-on your bike where it becomes second nature to you & before you know it,you'll be Draggin Knees While Being very alert of your dangerous surroundings...!!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Gentlemen, great information and advice. Thank you. Hopefully this will all help Scotty get back up on two wheels again.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
One of the most important lesson i've learned.Is not to draft on these little bikes.Wat i mean is if your gonna stay close stay off to one side or the other.Never directly behind when you half of bike length from them. If the person in front should go down, you will atleast give yourself more of a chance to avoid them. I never stay directly inline behind someone especially at higher speeds.I stay to the side depending on what turn is coming up.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
and to illustrate what S said, at 4:11 of the vid i posted, i am behind Swheels with speed getting ready to pass and the sneaky dog break checked me and i had to slow for just a second and i lost my drive
i had to wait a lap for another chance and then i swept him wide, thats what kept me from boonackas tail who was in first

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
and to illustrate what S said, at 4:11 of the vid i posted, i am behind Swheels with speed getting ready to pass and the sneaky dog break checked me and i had to slow for just a second and i lost my drive
i had to wait a lap for another chance and then i swept him wide, thats what kept me from boonackas tail who was in first
Yeah LOL when i'm limping around the track like a wounded dog.Then i have to reach down into my bag of dirty tactics.
My favorite move is called the peeka boo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow im not even a racer and yet these are really great tips im hoping to race soon but no one races here in ottawa where i live i guess its just not that popular here but i guess if i ever race ill take it slow..just hate being in last place.. lol

Thanks again for the tips guys and scott very sorry to hear about your crash and honestly fear is all our weakest point if you can fight it. you can do anything :) cheers!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I hate you .... you know that! im jealous of your **** bike! LOL
LOL..... you don't have to be jealous just build one just like it,possibly even better.Everything i've done to the bike is listed on the forums.So it can be copied to try and help people that wish to race these on a track or in a parking lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last but not least your eyes looking through the turn ahead and not down.Important lesson I Learned the hard way."Where you look is where you will end up.So if you see someone crash in front of you don't look at them.Look at were you should go to get around them safe & quick
Good advice. Where u look is (most of the time) where u go. I used to race dirt bikes in hare scrambles (woods racing) and this helped me a thousand times. The other side of the equations, I can say how many times I hit a tree cause I couldn't look away from it. Instead I looked right at it thinking how much this one was going to hurt.

Good luck bro. Try to remember the awesome feeling riding made u feel before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know what you mean with building your confidence back,I was racing the bigger bikes before i was racing the lil one's and at the track this one time i was drafting up behind 1st and there wasn't much room between us coming out of a corner when he highsided in front of me,holy#$%! did i pucker up and it took me a lil while to get back behind someone without think about it happening again but thats racing it happens,but listen to these guys tips there on the money it will take time but don't let it take to long and you loose your foward drive to get faster cause your still thinking it's going to happen to you again,everybody falls :) I fall everytime i'm on this thing trying to go faster than the tires can hold.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There's two types of riders/racers: Those who've crashed, and those who haven't crashed yet!

Congrats on graduating to the majority. :)

I've been down on big bikes a few times. The last ended 320 ft from where it started. Cold tires that had heat cycled a few too many times and wouldn't come up to temperature. I broke the rear, it slid, I high sided, and the rest was a combination of sky/pavement, and the sound of my Gixxer exploding behind me.

Just get on the bike and keep riding, riding, riding. Every time you start to choke up, remind yourself that six months ago this wasn't a problem.

It took me about a week to get back into it again.

Good luck.

C.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hmm.... I know first hand getting back on the bike can be hard.... I spent a week in the hospital with 2 surgeries to reconstruct my left arm from a bmx accident... It took me a good 6-8mo to get back on ANYTHING with 2 wheels... I never went back to bmx to be honest, but i did take up mountain biking.... I still dont have the guts i used to for jumps and such because of the memories of the pain and crappy hospital food...LOL but, get back on your feet health wise, and take it real slow.... its going to be a long road to getting it all back.... For me it will be 10 yrs since my accident this august 9th... And i STILL dont ride like i used to.... I may never ride like i used to, but the important part us that you get back doing what you love to do.... Even if you dont do it as much as you used to, get back on the bike man!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good advice. Where u look is (most of the time) where u go. I used to race dirt bikes in hare scrambles (woods racing) and this helped me a thousand times. The other side of the equations, I can say how many times I hit a tree cause I couldn't look away from it. Instead I looked right at it thinking how much this one was going to hurt.

Good luck bro. Try to remember the awesome feeling riding made u feel before.
Haha yeah i know the feeling about the trees from mountain biking...LOL stare at the tree, thats where you will end up....LOL

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
There's Bold Racers and Old Racers, but no Old Bold Racers, cause they don't live long enough. I love to start in the back and watch all the fools hurt themselves, then later when the dust clears, start moving up.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i dont like being in the front of the grid, when they say GO there is a bunch a bikes that will run me over if i dont move fast
my bike is so loud i cant hear anybody else behind me, and that is kinda unsettling, so i look...dont freakin look, but i look anyway
dont look behind yourself, your better off in solitary bliss
i made more mistakes from that then getting my lines right
and hey, make them emt's earn that money!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts