Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it as it like new and hardly been used just need a bit more info regarding the float bowl or similar problem as it runs mint for about 5 mins ticks over on idle will go wot for about 5 mins then just sounds like kill switch is pressed when it's not no backfire or spluttering just lack of fuel hoping Petcock mod helps

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I doubt it as it like new and hardly been used just need a bit more info regarding the float bowl or similar problem as it runs mint for about 5 mins ticks over on idle will go wot for about 5 mins then just sounds like kill switch is pressed when it's not no backfire or spluttering just lack of fuel hoping Petcock mod helps
bend the float forks a tiny bit up. This will allow more fuel in the bowl before the valve closes.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,478 Posts
Petcock mod can not hurt. Is the carb new?
I would do everything suggested. Petcock mod, bowl forks adjusted, and make sure the tank is venting. Also fuel filter and fuel lines, is that new?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It flies on the 1st pull then goes round a average football pitch UK size then just wants to die like it's flooded and that's where my problem lies as it's leaking from the carb I'm going to order a new carb in line fliter any links or pics of a decent carb preferred a tuned one or 1 I can adjust

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,478 Posts
If you want a tuneable one, most use the wt603t or the clone version, you also need an intake and fuel lines.
This is not the wt-603t but thats the intake you look for.

·
Administrator
3,701 Posts
The top carburetor with the alloy intake manifold is by far the worst carburetor that you can get for a pocket bike.

The vibration will literally make the carburetor fall off and then when you tighten it up the housing of the carburetor will crack and you will have to throw it away.

·
Administrator
3,701 Posts
This looks like chainsaw carb
the problem with them is the availability of the intake manifold.

you can try installing a rebuild kit in the carb Carburetor Repair Kit For 43cc 47cc 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Pocket Moto DIRT Bike ATV | eBay and take the petcock off and drill all the way throw it and put it back on and install new fuel line with a fuel shutoff on the fuel line itself.

i take the check valve out of the gas cap as well drill a hole in it and put on a fuel vent tube

or get a kit like this one you can find them on ebay and amazon it comes with the intake manifold to retrofit the pumper weed Wacker style carb.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts