Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank Joe Rocket for saving my arm. :D Well, somewhat. Lets just say if I didn't have the gear on, I would have a dislocated shoulder. OUCH!

Jacket pics:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Gear is pretty important. Minimal gear for extreme riding should be helmet, pads, gloves and a long sleeve. I cash aot form dumb stunts but i'm always sure to wear gear. You never know when a crash is about to happen. Gear up & be safe.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I didn't know jackets held your shoulder joints together! How did it prevent a dislocated shoulder? I thought the jacket's greatest function is to resist abraision and punctures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wearing proper gears along with riding gloves is important because they will save your hands from getting bang up. With busted hands you can't use the brakes properly.

·
Registered
866 Posts
i think with busted hands after a fall it would be kinda hard to use them at all...
let alone the brakes...

wouldnt it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket.

They are good. That is what I wear right now. For pretty much the same price you can get a Fieldsheer mesh jacket and it has a little better armor. Both are a good choice for the hot days though.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9Nails: Well it doesn't help a shoulder from popping out but it does soften the blow. I was just trying to show how important a jacket can be and the shoulder pads in particular. :)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
814 Posts
u only fall on ur shoulders when playing superman, right waleed:D Are you guys coming out on sunday's BBQ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
BTW u can find thsoe jackets on Ebay for 40-80 bucks. Thats last yrs model so they sell pretty damn cheap.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jsigone said:
u only fall on ur shoulders when playing superman, right waleed:D Are you guys coming out on sunday's BBQ?
Hahah! Yeah, over the bars will do that. Thanks HP! :D I'll be there on Sunday. Oh and I got my jacket for $48 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Isn' tthat how many people break their colar bones? I thought I heard on a motocross track that 99% of the crashes involving a broken colar bone, the rider had their arms out like superman, and the shoulder was jamed when they hit the ground in a stiff arm fashion.

But I'd agree! Riding with out at least a mesh jacket is asking for trouble. And I've seen them under $99 - so there isn't any good excuse not to have one. Save the skin, wear a jacket!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually it is just the impact to the ground. Speaking from experience :eek: I have landed twice on my left shoulder while crashing on a sportbike. My hands were still on the handle bar and my butt was still in the seat. It's just the impact can't be cushioned very well. Both crashes were in a leather armored jacket and I broke my collar bone both times.

·
Registered
814 Posts
breaking the colar bone is a combonation of the impact and rolling over it. I know from experience too. I was skateboarding down a hill, started to rain, at the bottom where the groud was smoother, I slide out back wards, flew prolly 10-15 barwards landed on my upperback/sholder and rolled over the left side...snap the freaking "cast" is f---ing WEAK it's like backpack strap thingy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts