Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that dont know my setup: 49cc BB with boost bottle and still stock carb, high flow air filter, custom built exhaust.( also pondering about putting my Fiberglass reeds back on...)

Now for my question: I ordered a set of jets off Ebay just to try them and see it it would make a difference in power for my setup. I orderd the set that comes with .66, .68, .70, .72. Ok so my question is considering my setup which jet should I try first? What is the stock jet size compared to the new ones that I got. Also, when you re-jet the carb do I or should I alos re-adjust the small c-clip one the needle for the carb?
As always thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also as a side note ( not really related) I ordered a BPM7a and a BM7a NGK spark plug.. Just as a reminder what do you guys usually set the gap to on these plugs?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
If you havent done it yet I would port the carb mouth a few mm's and the carb spigot a mm or two to enhance a denser flow before even trying to rejet the carb as it is.

That engine kit has madd velocity and now its being restricted like sucking a Mickey D's shake through a soda straw and needs proper volume to velocity now........

The newer carb on the right is a bigger pos than the carb on the left...The carb on the right has a 3mm deficiency in floatbowl height aswell as volume over the carb on the left.........That means alot less fuel and more float setting problems if you have that carb

Theres also a needle tapering mod aswell as a carb barrel mod you can do............

After porting the rear aswell as front of the carb Id start with a .68 jet after that and go from there......

The sparkplug gap for the cag 2 smokers aswell as Zenoah piston ported engines is .030"....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, I have done the barrel mod to the carb, which is about the only mod I have done to the carb other than adjusting the clip.. guess its time to bust out the dremmel and start porting..:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Cam2,
took my carb off yesterday and ported it like you said and threw in a .68 jet and wow.... what a difference... has ton's of low end power now and so much mid-high end power.. it really is a great all around bike now.. Thanks again for all your help and knowledge on this:thumbsup:

seriously, anyone that hasnt done this mod needs to put this on there to do list, will literally make your bike run sooooo much better with a much stronger torque curve..

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hey Cam2,
took my carb off yesterday and ported it like you said and threw in a .68 jet and wow.... what a difference... has ton's of low end power now and so much mid-high end power.. it really is a great all around bike now.. Thanks again for all your help and knowledge on this:thumbsup:

seriously, anyone that hasnt done this mod needs to put this on there to do list, will literally make your bike run sooooo much better with a much stronger torque curve..
Im glad you like the improvement mod...Really nice job getting it done............Enjoy the rides and the many-many of them ahead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts