Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new on here but have been tuning and customising scooters and minimotos etc .....for years....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK bought this mini quad for my stepson ........OK bear with me I think I need a few posts before I can submit pics!!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like a 47 or 49cc Cag reed port engine. Does the carb mount to the back of the engine??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes its a cag engine mini quad .......not sure how many posts I need till I can put pics up........:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried again but upload failed from my phone gallery pics......will try putting them on a public server later and uploading from there

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The quad is in the build process but I have started putting it back together..........will post pics of what has happened so far then as I make progress

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the planet. There are a few frame designs for these mini quads. some have independant front shocks and rear shock, some 1 front 1 rear and the others have no shocks.

Heres my quad build. That motor is a 3 port 1 pc head blueprinted deburred and polished by myself... FC crank, china carbon fiber reed with reed block mod, lightened and ballanced clutch and flywheel, taper bored stock float carburator, timing advance key with a Jet Pro replica snake pipe.

Currently building a HP motor that I might swap in if I dont end up getting a roller for it. Here's a link to the thread.
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=80255&page=8

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine has 2 front shocks and 1 rear that I have uprated but that's to follow when I get these **** pics on..... lol
Trying to do it with photo bucket mobile....marcelo

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered 2 uprated front shocks same length 125mm but with red softer springs that are preload adjustable with all alloy bodies.........and also 2 different length shocks for the rear 1 150mm and 1 125mm both with alloy bodies and preload adjustable I they both have slightly softer springs than the original but if they are too soft I will cut the original schlock and use the spring off that as the new ones the spring g is changeable.
Again will post pics of all this when I get to 10 posts!! Grrrr

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any one got a best method for getting rid of some fins on the stock flywheel to lighten it up ...........don't think my hacksaw is gonna get in between em.......angle grinder?........or bend the fins with so mat as they are cast and brittle?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Soz I keep posting but need 10 for pics.........OK I've got some carbon reeds but gotta open up the cage windows a bit and do the mod to the reed stop by shortening it slightly and steepening the angle .......obs pics soon!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in the UK and having a terrible time trying to source a descent pipe for the quad.........the pipe that came with it is crack it has no expansion chamber!! And splits into two cans with a u shape bend....not good at all......

I have purchased another cheapy one with expansion chamber but I know its not gone compliment my modded motor and give it full potential.....

Anyone here in the UK got a nice pipe they wanna sell??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think this is 10th post just for pic purposes phew!!.....will try later for pics....time for work!!

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Any one got a best method for getting rid of some fins on the stock flywheel to lighten it up ...........don't think my hacksaw is gonna get in between em.......angle grinder?........or bend the fins with so mat as they are cast and brittle?
Use a dremel with some cutting discs, cut it halfway through then break em off with needle nose pliers. the just gring down the leftovers.

For the exhaust, just order one online. pocketbikeparts have good price on the X1 pipes right now. If not you can get a Phatty pipe, or a snake pipe like mine.

Technigaz also makes pocket bike pipes but they are harder to get your hands on.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Nothing like a big fatty exhaust. On my Cag Pro Jet it's real jumpy at low speeds but not sure if it helps top speed. Verizon just put a Cell Tower on Pole Mtn., so I can join the real world,lol, plus get an app for speed, GPS style. Had a Go Phone, but had to drive 2 miles to the top of the mtn to get 2 or 3 bars. For my wide open A2 drag bike, I modded a pipe I got from BC Canada, $19 shipped, ebay. It has a baffle muffler in the back. The rear hole was covered by bent over perforated sheet metal, I ran a big drill thru to clear it, and drilled holes in the baffles I could reach inside. Alittle on the loud side, but it lets the engine rev., and there is no exspansion chamber. The A2 with very high compression runs good with that exhaust, still scratching my head on that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Ok folks I think I have managed to get pics on!
Sorry for the wait!!
This is the quad as I bought it with my stepson sittin on it.
First go out was terrible althouth its near new someone had tightened the engine so far forward its burnt the original clutch out and was trying to drive forward on idle!!
And so me like a pleb instead of fixing that bit......has to go balls out and do a total custom rebuild LOL....

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok so I totally stripped the quad to the frame and started by getting rid of some of the rust spots then sprayed it in red.
I have left the front subframes and bash guard in the original black though for contrast as the front suspension springs are going to be red any way and I think this will look good against the black........

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.