Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, my cousin has no cash for mods so i had this rocket key from pbu sitting around and i never installed it due to mixed reviews... he has a bone stock half fairing cag SY engine.. modded air box, 94 octaine and synthetic fuel, also a champion plug..

he cant keep up with my bike at all, so i got bored and installed the rocket key on his bike... put it back together....

i started the bike and it shut back down... i restarted it. it held idle.. i went to take off.. it shut down... i let it warm up for a min then took off slowly.. it was good... after that i went WOT.... the thing kept pulling really nicely... the low and mid range was insane... top end increased slightly....

we raced my modded cag vs his... off the line hes owning me badly but my bikes top speed is way more so i would zoom past em after 10 seconds or so.....

alll in all for the poor pocket biker.. its a helft little mod... id recommend it..

only his engine was blazing hot.. compared to mine after our runs...

The install was simple installation... remove starter 3 bolts....
remove 8mm bolt from center of flywheel, put in some screws to the holes on the flywheel then a big bolt in the middle to pull it out, i used a flywheel puller kit, or u could be ghetto and use screw drivers and yank it off...
take the stock shim with a flat head and remove it, insert new shim with the square portion facing towards the front of the bike, not the back, remember you are advancing your timing not retarding it... then put flywheel back on... starter back on... turn on the bike and let it ripp.
i wouldnt ride long distance trips with it.. gets to hot... just for tracks and stuff and drag racing...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I got cat eye ninja bike 100lbs pocket bike. When I got it stock it was going at about 24 mph tops. After I installed intake and changed to ngk spark plug speed increased to about 28 mph. My next upgrade was jetmoto exhaust pipe after installing it my top speed went to 41mph. But here is the problem the low end power and mid range is kind of weak especiall the low end. But after I hit 22 mph per hour my engine starts making this sound like its supercharged and I take off like crazy all the way to my top speed . Is rocket key gonna help in low and midrange for my bike? And how much is it gonna increase my top speed by? Could it damage the engine? any info is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts