Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i just bought a new pocket bike i had a few questions about it...
i was told it was a 54cc motor he claimed to have had a stage 5 something or another in it. I Was just wonder if it was a 49cc motor with a stage 3 big bore kit also he told me that it was all set up an had a racing exhaust an racing carb... come to find out it was a runtong carb $11.00 from ebay leaked more gas then it feed the motor its a 2 stroke but im unsure of the body style... he said CAG but i just want to make sure so any information would be greatly appreciated. The pic is in my sig it has no front plastic on it i took them off because the kid was a moron an everything was messed up i dumped 225 into this an i just hope i made a wise investment ive had it running it cranks i just needa do some fix's

thanks again mike

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Got any pictures of the bike? Pictures help a lot on ID'ing a bike here ... Go to PhotoBucket, make a free account, upload your pictures there, then copy and paste the links here.

Welome to the forums.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
MT-A2 full-fairing Cag/Daytona ..... looks like the guy put some dinero into it, too. Just from what I can see, it has a big bore headkit on it (that's where your Stage 5 came from), a boost bottle, 3rd bearing support for the chain, DellOrto replica carburetor with UFO air cleaner and velocity stack, and a dirt bike exhaust. You got a good deal for 225 .... Even with all the mods, though, that's not a 54cc engine ... maybe 50cc.

And please don't tell me you're starting it with a drill .... get a pullstart on that engine.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
It just needs the airgap between the coil and magneto set to .020"

It also needs the flywheel modded and a rocket key............

Boost bottles dont work too well on cags when the nipples on the intake manifold are facing downwards...............

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you both very much im new too pocket bikes an i had no i dea what i was buyin he was just naming off things it had an he wanted 275 for it but i only paid 225 i had to replace the carb an now the pull start so when the pull start arrives i hope it works again =]

haha an no im not starting it with a drill im tryin to maintain my bike not break it an im not very lucky with that kinda stuff

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
thank you both very much im new too pocket bikes an i had no i dea what i was buyin he was just naming off things it had an he wanted 275 for it but i only paid 225 i had to replace the carb an now the pull start so when the pull start arrives i hope it works again =]
While youre waiting for the pullstart to arrive it gives ample time to research some mods and such to do to it while it sits to enhance the longevity of fun....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have any idea's i heard the rocket key wasn't worth it... but then again im new to this so maybe ill do some research also i found "NOS"

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nah, don't bother with the nitrous kit ... too easy to burn up the engine. Better to modify the engine so you get better results ALL the time instead of three or four seconds at a time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
that carb and filter looks like what i have on my bike, the "DellOrto replica carburetor with UFO air cleaner" my carb has a 90 degree cable bracket and a rectangular slide inside, is that what mine would be as well then? and these ufo air cleaners, ive got one on my bike, can i wash it and spray k&n oil on it or is the material inside pleated paper opposed to fabric?

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Some of the carbs are replicas, others are the real thing. The one he has is a Runtong carb, which is a replica of the real DellOrto. DellOrto has been in the carburetor business for a long time ... I know several friends who are running dual DellOrtos on their air-cooled Volkswagons.

I think the element inside that particular filter is paper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
photo owned by S0UTHERNCALINATE

i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the rear pegs he has on his bike?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the rear pegs he has on his bike?

QUOTE]

They look like stock Harley passenger pegs or some streetbike like Nick said..............I cut up mine from my 100th Anniv Edition Wide Glide and welded up a set of pegs for my Polini...........Theyre a bit big but I just basically blast around in a straight line............lol

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Someone welded them to the frame, the head kit is $100 alone, and alot of extras. SP4L has a rear axle kit for $22, longer axle & 2 alum screw on rear axle pegs in different colors, I have 2 sets, the blacks are smaller in dia., they are the front pegs on my L7 avatar bike. An in the photo the blue ones on my A2 Cag

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts