Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’ve posted a couple times and because of all the help and Information that I’ve received I’ve identified that I have a Cat Eye FS509 or X1 from all the Information. I just wondering if anyone can guide me to 1 or 2 good websites to order parts ( Besides Amazon or E-Bay ). I literally have just the frame, Tires/Rims, and a few miscellaneous wires and small parts that I’m going to replace any ways, So if anyone could list a couple places that’s consistent and not to expensive would be a massive help. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and helping
me out with any information that you all are willing to offer 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
The way I built my X7 was I got basically the frame and a box full of other random parts off of pit bikes and other things. I laid it all out on a tarp and sorted through all the junk and pulled out all the X7 parts then I kind of laid it out like a motorcycle and started writing a list of all the parts that I would need to complete the bike.

Then use eBay Amazon wish AliExpress banggood Alibaba.

I can tell you one thing don't buy any parts until you have the box roller chain transmission, both upper and lower triple tree.

Camera accessory Auto part Machine Gun accessory Gas

Then after you get all the parts that you can possibly get off the internet come back into the forum and go to the parts wanted section and give us the list of all the parts that you can't find

It won't be easy and it's definitely going to take some time...
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire
Wheel Tire Photograph Vehicle Automotive lighting

I have the tank cover now 🙂

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
That is basically the best websites, I do believe there is one or two more but I have seen recently but I am not sure if they're still in business. I will get the links and send them to hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m currently in the process of looking for a good motor right now so I’ll keep in mind that I also need to get roller chain trans alone with the upper and lower triple tree.

I have somewhat a list in the process. I’ll take a picture of the list to share what’s all need so far ( basically all the basics ) and I will also post a picture of the bike frame and the little miscellaneous parts that I got with the bike.
The way I built my X7 was I got basically the frame and a box full of other random parts off of pit bikes and other things. I laid it all out on a tarp and sorted through all the junk and pulled out all the X7 parts then I kind of laid it out like a motorcycle and started writing a list of all the parts that I would need to complete the bike.

Then use eBay Amazon wish AliExpress banggood Alibaba.

I can tell you one thing don't buy any parts until you have the box roller chain transmission, both upper and lower triple tree.

View attachment 160991

Then after you get all the parts that you can possibly get off the internet come back into the forum and go to the parts wanted section and give us the list of all the parts that you can't find

It won't be easy and it's definitely going to take some time... View attachment 160993 View attachment 160994
I have the tank cover now 🙂

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate it, I’ll keep an eye out for those links
That is basically the best websites, I do believe there is one or two more but I have seen recently but I am not sure if they're still in business. I will get the links and send them to hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts

Hopefully they work and stuff tou need is available

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hopefully they work and stuff tou need is available
Thank you so much I’ll take a look at those websites

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the list of parts that I currently have so far and the one part that I deemed to be worth saving lol which I do believe this part is the starter, correct?
Handwriting Font Writing Writing instrument accessory Paper
Fire hydrant Gas Personal protective equipment Metal Auto part
Fire hydrant Gas Metal Auto part Darkness

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
That starter is not for that bike it's for a 110cc pit bike engine.

You will need to find a stock swing arm then take it to a fabrication shop to have it extended.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That starter is not for that bike it's for a 110cc pit bike engine.

You will need to find a stock swing arm then take it to a fabrication shop to have it extended.
Oh wow so that’s a no go then but that you for that information tho.

And there’s no other way around the swing arm situation? If so that really sucks but also good to keep in mind thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Oh wow so that’s a no go then but that you for that information tho.

And there’s no other way around the swing arm situation? If so that really sucks but also good to keep in mind thank you
I'm sure you can send the back wheel and swing arm to a fabrication shop if you don't have one in your area there has never been a aftermarket company that has manufactured extended swing arms for those bikes. Only briefly for the x18 and x22.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everyone if someone could tell me which of the three motors would work with this frame.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
Product Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Font
Light Product Font Camera Camera accessory
Product Output device Font Audio equipment Screenshot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there a difference between a 49cc 2 stroke and a 49 cc 4 stroke ? I’ve seen the same similar size motor in a 4 stroke and I was wondering if I can use the 4 stroke with the frame? If not I’m more than capable of making the mode to the 2 stroke. And as far as the motor mount I’m lost there’s so many different kind

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Even though the four-stroke looks similar to the two-stroke they are not similar and the four-stroke engine is actually smaller.

You simply need the motor mount for the cateye fs509 there was only ever one motor mount made for that frame if it doesn't say that it's for the cateye fs509 then it's not going to work

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Even though the four-stroke looks similar to the two-stroke they are not similar and the four-stroke engine is actually smaller.

You simply need the motor mount for the cateye fs509 there was only ever one motor mount made for that frame if it doesn't say that it's for the cateye fs509 then it's not going to work
Do you have an idea on where I can find it ? I’ve googled, looked on Amazon and eBay but all I keep finding is for a 212 predator, X12, X7 and ect.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
You probably won't find it new ( I looked ) the one smaller silver pic looks kind of like it but that is more then likely for a stand up scooter 🛴. Like I said before it's definitely going to take some time and it's not going to be easy to find parts for a 20 year old pocket bike. Those were discontinued in 2004.

It took me over a year to find parts for my X7 and I'm a moderator for the world's biggest pocket bike site. It's not going to be easy...

Make that list of parts that you can't find and post the list in the parts wanted section. There are a lot of people that buy two or three used bikes and then part them together to make one good one and have lots of leftover pieces that they don't need...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts