Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first, my carb doesnt have the drain line that alot of people have in pics i see. is this bad? it doesnt even have a place to put one. also i dont have the bracket that mounts the engine to the top of the frame from the two upper tapped threads on the sprocket side. does anyone know where i can get one at?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope sorry not yet. it also doesnt have any chain roller guides as well. im confused as hell now. its got a primer on the chrome shield on the rear brake side of the bike under the seat which i havent noticed on anyone elses either. and my motor doesnt have any markings to say which it is, so i assume it is an sy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh one more thing, i dont have slick tires. they are the same brand as the slicks, zhong ya or whatever but theyre treaded

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you have a midbike...maybe an X1, that's not a cag. Cags are about 37 inches long and the seat is about 17 inches from the ground..I bet yours is bigger than that. Go to the Midbike forum and I bet you will find a pic of your bike there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
naw its def a cag daytona mx-3

naw its def not a midbike. its a ff cag just like the pics in the gallery of the red green and leopard one. its the same as the red oneexcept for three spoke painted rims and kill switch seperate from the throttle. ill post some pics up of it all tomorrow

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah but for 205 shipped i couldnt turn it down. for the 130 bucks or so i saved, im sure i can weld something on or buy some performance parts thatll make me perform as well anyway. but on a side note, the thing hauls ***. i set the speedo to 0898 and after letting it warm up last night just messin around on my street i got it to 31.4, and it isnt even broken in. im anxious to see how it will perform

·
Registered
51 Posts
31.4...not a midbike for sure. It sounded like one with what you described with the tires with tread and the primer for the carb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can i get the measurments on that bracket? luckily i work for a seat manufacturer and can whip up prototype parts like nobodies biz

·
Registered
299 Posts
vinnie said:
u bought a messed up cag that have missing parts. its always best to buy these bikes from a reputable dealer.
he didn't buy a messed up cag with parts missing, it sounds like he got the same bikes i have and there is NOTHING wrong with them as far as i can tell - mine are GREAT quality bikes!
no complaints here!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i dont care if its messed up or not. considering i havent broken it in really other than just riding it around my neighborhood and varying the rpms, its gotten considerably faster. it doesnt bog off the line and pulls hard. i got to 34.4 tonight on my speedo and have put on 8 miles since i got it. the speedo was on before startup so i know my mileage

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh i got another question and dont really wanna start a new thread unless i have to. when i first rehooked everything up, like gas tank and all and filled it up with gas. when i first went to start it, it was squirting gas out from underneath somewhere every time i cranked it. it also wouldnt start unless i gave it a little gas, then it starts halfway thru the first pull. so now i have to sit on it and give a little gas with left hand and pull with right. but now it doesnt squirt the gas. it was almost like it was shootin gas out the air filter. what would cause sumthin like this?

oh and amsoil synthetic and 105 turbo blue race gas are the whip in pocketbikes

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same bike. Mine is a ff and my carb has drain hole but I dont see any hi / low settings for adjustment, just the idle screw for it but havent looked all that close. Are there any on this model? I dont have the red exaust. I also got the treaded GP racing tires too. I personally would rather have them. Im 39 and weight 200 pds and I think I was doing 30. I would like a bit more low end but mid and high are fine by me. Ill see how it Improves as she breaks in. I am also useing Amsoil. Im breaking it in with a 38/1 mixture not the recomended 25/1 (personal preference)
I had to loosen my chain and even the adjusting nuts for it but all else was ok. The gas cap doesnt fit into the plastics right due to quick assembly in china my guess it offset a bit but should be easy fix. It has the flat gas cap with a 3 things design. I was very surprised by its performance thus far. The manual fell out of my pocket somewhere, can any1 scan theirs for me? Ill probably have 5 of these (diff 1's) by next year I'm hooked. Paid $238.00 including shipping off Ebay. I also bought the new big super 49cc cateye but it hasnt arrived yet maybe a few more days wait. Its supposed to be 41 pounds and twice as big. Hard to believe it weighs that. Ill believe that when I see it as my ff cag is 41 pds. I paid 318.00 for that 1 but it was the lightest full sized bike I seen. most of the others are 90-105 pds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts