Pocketbike Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
One is made by Polini and one by BZM, either one will work with a Polini starter housing. At first Bi-Zeta Malossi made hp parts for Polini engines, later BZM made their own complete engines.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I noticed one had more catch points than the other.
I looked at the spring loaded pawls and if they are working correctly, they most likely spring out of the way by centrifugal force so not to wear down on the plastic wheel.
Good to know they are interchangeable though! As long as I manage to get one of the two I should be fine then!
I looked at the picture again and I hadn't noticed the red one was made by BZM before. The Mid-south minimoto listing has both as ''genuine Polini''.
Thanks!
David

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
My advice to you if you live in America, for $17.95 w/ coupon at H/F Tools online or store get a kick but China Dremel w/ tools and a nice case, Nothing you can't do with it, I have three, lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
You're right, I can probably make it work for a little while more, I already have a dremel tool, they are handy.
I will still get the new wheel to have for when this ''modified'' one lets go.
Cheers
David

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
New pulleys are not cheap, you put a little thin grinding disc on your Dremel and grind the catches back to shape, keep a bowl of water to keep the plastic cool.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So the bike is back together. I'm setting the clutch with an app on the phone for the RPM but I will pick up a tach so it can be done with more reliability. Meanwhile I contacted a kart track in the Ottawa region and for quite cheap we could rent the track the days they are closed (week days). Are there people in the Ottawa area on this forum would be interested?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That's the hard part... Getting portions too race with you. I found it's easier to get people to race cags then the faster bikes. They are easier to ride and more care free. I was bummed when I realized that but am still going to get people to race my grc with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Hope everything works out for you, maybe a local newspaper ad, post cards on bulletin boards etc. Might find racers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
We have 3 bikes, a cag, a X1 and the grc. The track wants a pretty small fee per person so small numbers are not a problem. At worst we just go and play around for a day! Still well worth it!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That's a great set up. How far away is the track?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
In door or out? I really want to get a set up like that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
It's outdoors, apparently it's a replica (kart scale) of the Circuit Mont-Tremblant, a very nice track!
You can even see it on google maps, looks like a nice track, I can't wait to give it a try!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Your a lucky man, beats a ticket and court date and $1,000 plus dollars.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I live in California, they do Not like pocket bikes, on their Highways. I have never been caught, but I live in a rain forest 100 miles north of San Francisco, not many cops out here, lol. Many members here have, they make you go to court cause, you have no Reg., your too young for a Lic., no insurance, and maybe no motorcycle license. Then there are fines and court fees, and you pay 30 days of storage fees.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
They don't like pocket bikes here either! It made the news a few years ago and the police stated they would no longer issue warnings but would give out tickets.
I guess if I was to get caught it would probably be similar issues. The fee to use a track will be well worth it but unfortunately we have about 3 feet of snow everywhere now so it won't be for a few months!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well thanks for all the help I got here! It was nice enough Sunday to get all 3 bikes out (my cag and RSR and a friend's X1 [see other thread]) The bikes went pretty good, the cag seems to be running too rich so I will see if adjusting the needle clip helps with the mid-range. It is slow going and feels rough until it hits higher RPMs, then it is fine. The RSR went well, I will take the clutch bell off and look in there before next session, it did seem like the clutch was slipping a bit too much though, I run a Bzm with blue springs in there, maybe I will add weights. And we got the X1 going pretty good, much better than it was before we put the homemade ''rocket key'', exhaust and racing carbs in! Still though, we plan to make an adaptor plate and install reeds and try the boost port piston again next winter.
We will likely go out a few more times to tune them before we try the track in May! Looking forward to it! If anybody is within driving distance from Ottawa, let me know, we could have more people on the track when we go!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, were all fired up, warm weather is on its way, been cleaning and replacing gas in all my bikes.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts