Pocketbike Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sorry to revive this old thread! I’m getting th bike ready once again and I’m looking at making it look new again. I saw tsunamibikes is shut down here in Canada and it looks like Midsouth minimito has gone under as well.
Where are you folks getting parts now?
I’m trying to get a few things for the grc rsr

Cheers
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
All I know is eBay, Amazon or used but you see pretty good stuff on Alibaba and stuff if you are so inclined to trust them. Or the few other Chinese sites. I haven’t honestly bought off of any of those yet. A buddy of mine has a blata water cooled, It’s definitely not easy. Sometimes if you look well you can find parts online in Europe but not all of those companies ship to the US

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
All I know is eBay, Amazon or used but you see pretty good stuff on Alibaba and stuff if you are so inclined to trust them. Or the few other Chinese sites. I haven’t honestly bought off of any of those yet. A buddy of mine has a blata water cooled, It’s definitely not easy. Sometimes if you look well you can find parts online in Europe but not all of those companies ship to the US
Alibaba is mostly for having things manufactured in volume ( china manufacturer ) sometimes you can email them and order a sample but for the most part if you don't order say for instance 300 engines then you will have to wait for somebody to order quantity and then they will do a run and they will make your part that's why sometimes it takes a year or two to get stuff...

·
Registered
161 Posts
All those companies sell China parts, hard to get parts now. BlataUSA?? most of them want to sell you a bike they won't waste their time for a $50 part. Chrisi is in Europe, and he ships here, so check him out. I have a GRC-GP 40cc W/C BZM engine and an air cooled 40cc Polini, I just rebuilt both engines, hundreds of dollars on parts.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Blata, Polini and most other European brands are dead in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
The EPA has outlawed the sale of all new 2-strokes that don't meet their standards...

US customs officials have been trained to seek out and find cargo containers with contraband machines with two stroke engines.

That's basically what killed pocket bikes in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are at least four 2 stroke variants sold currently on amazon and ebay, maybe if you didn't lock my thread for no reason I could have showed off what's still available...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah I can still buy plenty of two stroke engines. Sometimes I just want to buy by the crate. By the way, a long time ago there was somebody on eBay selling a high-performance cylinder head equipped engine. It was just a standard 40 mm engine. Only the 'racing' engines have some mods done. I recently picked up one of those. FC crank, steel clutch with HP Springs, 2-piece cylinder head, no 3rd port and does have a windowed piston. It looks like it's just leftover Parts slapped together. Oh yeah and the clone carburetor.
None the less. Pretty cool they're still out there for sale. Pretty sure I saw a brand new two stroke pocket bikes for sale. Not too mention the 2.stroke dirt bikes are everywhere new.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try to order a 2 stroke now, I got 4 different bikes from minipocketrockets.com, they show you a 2 stroke photo and say they are out and try to sell you a 4 stroke Cag. If you can get one it is a 33cc piston port engine, both are gutless. If they are selling 49cc two strokes they are breaking Federal law. Looks like its open again shows us some bikes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My local guy 20 min away sells the 2 stroke dirt bikes. Asks a lot for them. Ill just pick them up used and abused after people around here grow tired of them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude, what kind of 2 stroke engines did they have in his bikes. Dirt bikes might have different rules. I see a lot of 250cc Vertical honda clone dirt bikes, most are street legal.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Yes the new fuel injected KTM 2-stroke dirt bikes meet the EPA standards they run at 65:1 with modern manufacturing technologies they can do it...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know what bore they are, I was told 49cc but that's what everybody says. And have the trans gearbox on the side. I'll have to dig into it. But they don't come from China they are either Canada or another country. He only deals with more quality items and nothing from China

101 - 115 of 115 Posts