Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First want to introduce myself as I think this is my first post. My name is Matt and I've finally picked up my very own pocket bike after wanting one since I was 14/15 years old. I'm 22 now and must have made this account 7 or so years ago.
Recently picked up an X15 in rough shape from a friend for $60, not bad. I've replaced a few things including the throttle assembly and cable, choke, brake levers and clutch assembly with cable. The bike was a mess when I got it, which brings me to my first question...

1.) What are the connections on the 3 nipples on the carb? Nothing was hooked up, so I'm lost here.. I would imagine 2 are for fuel and 1 for atmosphere/airbox. There's 1 on the shifter side before the choke, 1 on the rear brake side after the choke, and 1 on the very bottom. If someone could help me with this, that would be awesome. (already did a search too).

2.) Clutch won't fully disengage. I bought a new assembly and had to custom fabricate the **** out of it to make it fit and barely work, but clutch won't disengage although I'm able to get a full swing of the clutch fork from the lever. Im lost here..

3.) Throttle cable install is a bit whack. The cable will build up slack when twisted the opposite way and pops off the stupid cap thing beneath the throttle. Either I installed this wrong or I need to lube the cables? I've found that a proper lube of all cables seems to be the cure for most problems, so I'm not sure with this one either.

If anyone can steer me in the direction of a solution and a website with QUALITY Parts for an x15 4 stroke, please fill me in since I'm new to pocket bikes and the carburetor world.
Thanks!
-Matt

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
hey, nice bike to start with
id like to see which version you got eventually
i would recommend replacing the carb, they are the main cause of run problems
sounds like the throttle housing isnt right, i remember it being weird to get it in the groove right
i found it easier to hook up the throttle cable to the housing, then connect the carb slide
either way kinda sucks so that was my way
do you have any of the body?

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Well to help u out on the carb if looking at it from the air intake side the nipple pointing straight up on the left side closest to the air intake opening is the fuel inlet the other on the outlet side on the right is a breather and the one on the bottom is for the bowl drain

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on the x15. I just recently picked up a x15 about a week ago.

I was actually trying to get me an x18 but this deal was too good to pass. Comparing the two, the design of the x15 is 10x's better than the x18/x19's.

Ohh and BTW CAM2 seems to know alot about these x15 bikes.. I've read some of this post and it's very informative.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats on the x15. I just recently picked up a x15 about a week ago.

I was actually trying to get me an x18 but this deal was too good to pass. Comparing the two, the design of the x15 is 10x's better than the x18/x19's.

Ohh and BTW CAM2 seems to know alot about these x15 bikes.. I've read some of this post and it's very informative.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm how is the x15 better than the x19 and they are the same bikes with different fairings.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the x15 is a benelli tornado, the x18 is a gsxr i believe and the x19 is busa inspired
x12 is a ducatti
thats all i know
oh i think the x22 is a rsv?

·
1,278 Posts
The tail of the x19 is a aprilla I know that for sure my cousin has one and its the exact same
The front looks like a Suzuki but not a gsxr or a busa I saw one the other day but it was a crusing type sport bike with the same front but instead of bilinkers they are scoops but I have not found another one to c exactly what model and the x22 is almost a exact replica of the aprilla front and back with those vents in the center of the front i think that's the x22

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe I may have worded it incorrectly. when I said by design, I meant the fairings! I understand it's basically the same engines.

o yeh i like the x15 fairings to better then the 19.well certain parts.i like the x19 front fairing

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
for racing the 15s (benelli) are nice

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice bike blitz,i was talking about a full size bike,hey do you want to sell your front fairing ill buy it.also i never saw x19 pocket bike race bike either untill u just posted

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
thanks
this body never raced i just put it on to uh ride it around
i never sell bodywork

·
Registered
156 Posts
ohh i need to find sum to fix my fairings,when i did a wheelie i put a crack in my front fairing but not bad,then i broke all the lights off the back,the bike flipped like 5timew

·
1,278 Posts
04 suzuki gsxr600.jpg i found the front of the x 19 its a 04 gsxr 600
hey blitz what bike does this look like the x22 right and the back is like the 22 15 and 19 im sorry i spelt it wrong these bikes are way out of my league anyway but my cousins is really nice bike nice engineering too and its aprilia lol
aprilia1.jpg

aprilia2.jpg

its a aprilia 1000r factory

1 - 20 of 21 Posts