Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my parts from tyler. adj jet, needle, reed and k&n filter. all the parts went on without a problem except the k&n. it just won't work w/ the cag carb. so i look on the website and it says to safetywire it to the carb. lol it doesn't even match up to the carb. does anyone know where i can get an adapter for it? btw, the other parts helped my bottom end a ton. very happy with the results. one thing for sure, these carbs are touchy. 1/16th of a turn too rich or too lean and you lose around 1/2 mph.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could buy a velocity stack... It bolts to the carb and the K&N will fit right onto it... I think ADA racing sells the v-stacks...

bigdaddy said:
just got my parts from tyler. adj jet, needle, reed and k&n filter. all the parts went on without a problem except the k&n. it just won't work w/ the cag carb. so i look on the website and it says to safetywire it to the carb. lol it doesn't even match up to the carb. does anyone know where i can get an adapter for it? btw, the other parts helped my bottom end a ton. very happy with the results. one thing for sure, these carbs are touchy. 1/16th of a turn too rich or too lean and you lose around 1/2 mph.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Call up tyler. I'm sure he'll know what to do. IP2 had a picture on this forum before it got hacked, that showed how to put on that filter. From what I remember, the filter sits flush on the carb, and it was zip tied onto the carb. But after looking at it closer, it seemed that the filter was ziptied through the carbs stock air filter screw holes.

Post a pic and maybe we can figure it out for you.

bigdaddy said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts