Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all new here.. just got a NAPA Kikker Bonesaw off a guy in work, its brand new and has never even had fuel in it.. it sat for 3 years. I brought it home about an hour ago threw some 50:1 in it and when I went to prime the bulb fuel wouldn't flow into it.. fuel is coming through the main line I unhooked it and it flowed nice.. what's goin on, its brand new? I thought it would fire right up. Any answers appreciated. Thank you

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Welcome!

Cam will know better than I will, but if it is a "Pumper" carburetor, it sounds like the Pumper diaphragm is not working.

I'm sure someone will be here soon to "Save The Day"

Hello all new here.. just got a NAPA Kikker Bonesaw off a guy in work, its brand new and has never even had fuel in it.. it sat for 3 years. I brought it home about an hour ago threw some 50:1 in it and when I went to prime the bulb fuel wouldn't flow into it.. fuel is coming through the main line I unhooked it and it flowed nice.. what's goin on, its brand new? I thought it would fire right up. Any answers appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I went outside and in the tank I can hear the bulb pulling gas..the fuel bubbles when press it, maybe this helps. It is gravity fed btw.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I went outside and in the tank I can hear the bulb pulling gas..the fuel bubbles when press it, maybe this helps. It is gravity fed btw.
Can you hook up a new hose, with some plain old gas in it, and pump the carb for a while? (or let it gravity feed) this would clean out allot of gunk, and bypass the possibly clogged in-tank filter all at the same time.

Might need to remove the carburetor though.

Nick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I meant NOT gravity fed.. was a typo... im willing to try anything. I'm familiar with cag type carbs.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Probably needs a carb cleaning, maybe even a rebuild or new carb. I'm guessing your carb is a Walbro pumper-type carb with a primer bulb on the bottom.

I recently got a motorized skateboard with a Kikker Bonesaw engine on it. Needs a little work, but the guy I got it from said he last had it running about 30mph .... Now I'm debating if I want to leave the Bonesaw engine on the board, or get a Bonesaw frame and build up my own chopper. Decisions, decisions ....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah that's what the previous owner thinks..the bulb on top though. I'm gonna teardown the carb tonight and see what the problem is..I'm so frustrated its brand new never used. I should see fuel in that bulb right? Yah cause I have a BAJA 5b with 29cc and its bulb always has fuel in it ready to prime the carb. It sits on top too.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
And let's see some pictures of that Bonesaw!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I sprayed a little Thrust in the air filter and it fires right up! It definitely is making its way into the cylinder, as the the wife and I tried this several times. always 3-4 pulls then fires on 4 or 5th pull as it enters cylinder, runs for a bit until ether burns off. Maybe something as simple as float stuck but most likely the seals around the pumper are shot.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Probably just needs a rebuild .... or if you feel like it, a new carb. It's not like they're all that expensive. Good to hear it fires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think maybe a chainsaw/weedeater repair shop would have a carb that would work? I can't wait for shipping from Kikker cali to pa. Want to ride this weekend. I have been waiting for this bike for a month.

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
go for it. anything with the same sized mount holes and fuel holes will make it run..... but try to get the biggest weedwacker or chainsaw carb you can find..... also might be tough to get one with a cable for the throttle..... if its a chainsaw ive seen some Stihl's have a hook in type cable.

if all else fails.... get a new filter, and primer diaphram...

the repair shop should have that....

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Sweet little ride, amigo. I may have to get one, or build one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts