Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I called Kikker direct to find out what carb they used on my Bonesaw sa there is no markings on it. The Tech guy there actually said he doesnt know what carb would have been used. seriously!?!? are you kidding me? Avoid Kikker at any cost! how could they not know what carb they acutally used on their own bikes? unbeleivable

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its a knockoff (chinese) carburetor on a Lifan or other name brand chinese engine. Most manufacturers of custom bikes aren't going to give a random caller what are essentially trade secrets. If they do give a brand, they will almost never give a model/part number.

Kikker makes a quality product, look through the posts here and on other forums.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yah I knew what carb it was, just wanted to get some help directly from kikker and see what they set the jets to at the factory..
trade secret? I think not, they most likely use whatever got shipped that week from china
..this is just kikker [comment edited out] as usual. I have been dealing with [them] all week. I love the product, it was just a comment on the customer service. I would buy another in fact.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Guys, we're not really supposed to be slamming vendors here on the forum, okay? This is a warning to please knock it off ...... I know you're upset, but them's the rules ...

This is why we created the vendor polls in the supplier feedback section. It's anonymous, you're not making any comments that could be brought back up later, and you're showing your displeasure at the company by giving them a bad rating by voting negative. (I know, not as satisfying as saying they suck, but we gotta do it this way.)

See, here's the score: we have to be very careful in balancing out what we say about the vendors, as some of their employees are members here. We can't say things like "XYZ Motors is the best!", because that's giving XYZ Motors free advertising, whereas the other guys are paying for advertising on the site ... not fair to those guys.

At the same time, we can't say "XYZ Motors sucks, don't buy from them," because that opens up a whole new can of worms. As the reps from the different companies do browse the site on occasion, what if one of their reps saw us slamming them publicly on an open forum, especially if the company is a sponsor of the site? "Hmmm ... here I am sponsoring these guys, and they're slamming my company." A very real possibility is that XYZ Motors withdraws their sponsorship, the site loses money ..... you get the picture. (And quite honestly, that's the part that sucks the most, right there. Even if the company is doing a bad job, we can't say that on an open forum ... that's why the polls were created.)

Please don't take this as me getting down on you ....... just explaining the "behind-the-scenes" stuff we have to deal with as mods to keep the site running smooth.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'll Allow it for now! because Hugh is actually RIGHT, and I am NOT SCARED of Kicker!

ahhahaahah.

NASA.

Guys, we're not really supposed to be slamming vendors here on the forum, okay? This is a warning to please knock it off ..... marcelo

One of the forum rules is that we're not supposed to publicly slam the vendors like that on an open forum. I know you're upset, but them's the rules ...

This is why we created the vendor polls in the supplier feedback section. It's anonymous, you're not making any comments that could be brought back up later, and you're showing your displeasure at the company by giving them a bad rating by voting negative. (I know, not as satisfying as saying they suck, but we gotta do it this way.)

See, here's the score: we have to be very careful in balancing out what we say about the vendors, as some of their employees are members here. We can't say things like "XYZ Motors is the best!", because that's giving XYZ Motors free advertising, whereas the other guys are paying for advertising on the site ... not fair to those guys.

At the same time, we can't say "XYZ Motors sucks, don't buy from them," because that opens up a whole new can of worms. As the reps from the different companies do browse the site on occasion, what if one of their reps saw us slamming them publicly on an open forum, especially if the company is a sponsor of the site? "Hmmm ... here I am sponsoring these guys, and they're slamming my company." A very real possibility is that XYZ Motors withdraws their sponsorship, the site loses money ..... you get the picture. (And quite honestly, that's the part that sucks the most, right there. Even if the company is doing a bad job, we can't say that on an open forum ... that's why the polls were created.)

Please don't take this as me getting down on you ....... just explaining the "behind-the-scenes" stuff we have to deal with as mods to keep the site running smooth.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
I'm not scared of Kikker, either ....... I AM scared of the forum getting shut down due to lack of funding. This is one of the best sites I've seen in a long time about a hobby I greatly enjoy, and I don't want to see it go down the tubes because some people decided to badmouth sponsors of the site, like several other places I've been, not to mention losing track of all my online friends here.

ps
(To be fair, I don't know if Kikker supports the site or not, but I'm not willing to take the chance.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kikker Bonesaw Project,dressed up a bit,also swapped out the vacuum carb set up with a petcock,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im not sure but looking at the before and after pics i should of left things alone????????????????
Oh well,back to the drawing board maybe..............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts