Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my x2 pocket bike it had all of the wiring striped out of it. It currently has no kill switch on it. I have a kill switch from an old weed eater that I wanted to install on it, the kill switch is just a spring loaded switch with a black and red wire.. I know the black wire goes to the ground, but the only thing I'm not sure about is which prong on the coil does the red wire plug into? Is it the one towards the front of the bike or the rear? If anyone knows that would help me alot!
Thanks!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
How many open connections are there on the coil? usually it's just one I think, one end of the switch connects to the coil, the other just goes to some bare metal on the frame, then when you hit the kill switch the coil spark will shortcut through the kill switch and to the frames ground, which should kill spark to the engine.

Nick. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my coil there is two connectors... Im not sure which one the red wire plugs into on the coil..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
On my coil there is two connectors... Im not sure which one the red wire plugs into on the coil..
You aren't feeding power, so dont be too scared, both ways might work, or one way will and the other wont, but none of the red colered wires are connecting to a battery are they? <--- just in case...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope my bike has no wiring or battery.. It just has the pull start.. There is nothing currently plugged into the two terminals on the coil.. So should I just try plugging the red wire to one of the terminals, And te black to ground an see if it kills the motor?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Nope my bike has no wiring or battery.. It just has the pull start.. There is nothing currently plugged into the two terminals on the coil.. So should I just try plugging the red wire to one of the terminals, And te black to ground an see if it kills the motor?
Sounds about right to me...

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You should also have two wires with a female plug coming from the starter pushbutton on the throttle housing that will hook into those wires coming from the coil to become a new killswitch when hooked up and pushed.......................

·
Registered
3 Posts
There should be 2 wires coming out of your kill switch one goes to th red ignition coil wire and the other grounds to the frame. This is what I did for my bike it should also work for yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts