Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally! I'm actually almost done building this bike. It started of as a bare frame from one of the members of this. I think his name was juanitoboy or something. Anywho, I have a Lucky 7. The frame is painted red. White wheels are on it's way. I'm actually debating if I should go polished wheels or white. Maybe you guys could help me out with that. I have sams BB kit I think the stage 3 package that he offered, a jet pro pipe from ebay, x7 forks/trees, x7 wheel spacers, cat-eye handle bars, pro jet pipe and a walbro carb from randy @ ********parts4less. What else does this thing need? I also need your guy's help with chain tensioners in the rear. Right now I have cut washers but I don't think they'll do justice. Any ideas on what I could use. instead? Maybe something rectangular and thick? I'm also in a search for the brake bracket for the rear as well. It's pretty hard to find. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick. It's been fun so far. Gathering up all the parts for this model bike is a pain tho. I'm sure it'll all turn out well tho

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
On my avatar L7 made a rear brake bracket and brace out of a Big Shed Hinge and shelf bracket for the frame brace. A four dollar Stanley Hinge, & $1 shelf brack, at the hardware store.

Attachments

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
JuanitoBoy93 ... wow, haven't heard that name in a couple of years. He lives across town from me.

The ride's turning out really nice .. please keep this thread updated with more pictures as you continue the build.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup that's the guy. I'll be sure to keep posting pictures.

WOOT! Today I got the bike fired up and it turned out nice. Well to my ears it did. The Walbro carb is brand new and I didn't touch any of the screws besides the idle. I noticed that when I full throttle the bike it loses power and sometimes dies. Do I need to mess with the two high/low scews to tune it?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yes, tune the high-speed with the rear wheel off the ground (max rpms) and the low-speed just by feel! take a run, turn it, take a run, turn it, etc...

Good job! I like how you raised the front up with the forks, it's really coming along nicely!

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
I put a Walbro 16mm, WT813 on my 49cc Zenoah piston port scooter over the 603, cause it has an accel pump like a car carb. I was riding it yesterday, much better power on the low side. Also it has no choke butterfly up front and the mouth is 19mm. You get a V-stack with choke arm and hp filter and your set.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my walbro carb from randy at scooterparts. I believe it is a 16mm. Now I'm getting white smoke at acceleration. What needs adjusting now?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Yeah, Randy, bought alot of stuff from him. I can drive to Alameda, Ca. in less than 2 hours. Its a 16mm WT603 copy carb, just got one for $36 then dave had WT813s on sale for $33, sorry I did not buy 2 now. I took the choke arm & butterfly out of my 603s and used the V-stack choke.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see! Well It turns out that my bike is running smoothly. Minus the fact that the crazy vibration is making my engine mount loose all the time. Anyway to fix that? I also need an alternative front brake because the way that the x7 forks are design don't really work out with the cag wheel setup. I'm planning on maybe throwing the x7 front wheel on there and leave the cag rear wheel. It might look funny tho. We'll see.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
I've never seen an exhaust system like that. I can't imagine you'll get the performance you would with a nice big performance exhaust as you eliminate the expansion chamber that causes the power gain. Interesting concept tho.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very true but I'm not going to be racing this thing. More like cruising. it does say that it will reduce noise. This kinda reminds me on what chainsaws have. This may be similar actually. I don't really know tho.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On my avatar L7 made a rear brake bracket and brace out of a Big Shed Hinge and shelf bracket for the frame brace. A four dollar Stanley Hinge, & $1 shelf brack, at the hardware store.
It would be awesome if you could make me a full scale template on paper of the bracket then scan it to me;):thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts