Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OOPS, Edit: Wrong date!! Today is the 24th.. Track day TOMORROW the 25th....

We are headed to the Ontario (CA) lot again tomorrow afternoon maybe about 1 or 2 pm till we get tired.. If anyone wants to roll out PM me for the address... 5 of us so far... We will be setting up the Tennis ball track!

Jon

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man Wish I was rich... I'd own a track we would be camping at this weekend.. I'd get in my jet they day before and come pick up you, Cam EPR and anyother diehards in a big around the country loop....

I need a new job.... lol

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Feel bad 6 riders. Lol That's more than i was ever able to get together since I've been living in Nc.lol 6 to me is a party for a parkinglot session.

·
PBP STUNTER
145 Posts
Alright, sorry I missed this one, slept a little late and was busy with wife and daughter so I didn't check this as often as I normally do.

BUT, I do live pretty close to Qualcom Stadium, and I've contacted both the stadium, and Racelegal.com to see if they'd let us show up there. They do car racing events every so often, and have a considerable amount of spare parking-lot there. If we brought some cones and our rides, and they let us, it could turn out sick.

The only thing is, racelegal would most likely require an entrance fee per rider ($30 for auto participants, $10 for spectators), but the 10-30 dollars would be far cheaper than 'renting' the parking lot directly from the stadium. racelegal gets financial aid in renting it from the city to help prevent auto racing, auto racing deaths, and the like.

But I digress, I emailed em, and will let you know what I find out. The more we could get down here, I feel the bigger the chance of them going with it is. The next event is on the 30th of this month, and as i've said in past posts, I'm only around for another month or so in Cali.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Alright, sorry I missed this one, slept a little late and was busy with wife and daughter so I didn't check this as often as I normally do.

BUT, I do live pretty close to Qualcom Stadium, and I've contacted both the stadium, and Racelegal.com to see if they'd let us show up there. They do car racing events every so often, and have a considerable amount of spare parking-lot there. If we brought some cones and our rides, and they let us, it could turn out sick.

The only thing is, racelegal would most likely require an entrance fee per rider ($30 for auto participants, $10 for spectators), but the 10-30 dollars would be far cheaper than 'renting' the parking lot directly from the stadium. racelegal gets financial aid in renting it from the city to help prevent auto racing, auto racing deaths, and the like.

But I digress, I emailed em, and will let you know what I find out. The more we could get down here, I feel the bigger the chance of them going with it is. The next event is on the 30th of this month, and as i've said in past posts, I'm only around for another month or so in Cali.
Sounds good but it seems so hard to just get 6-8 people to show... We need to just to an Open track day at Grange or Apex.. 25 bucks all day long on a real track.. Every 15 min they switch from Karts to pocket bikes or whatever is out there..

Today was Cool though.. When we first got there the parking lot was taken over by all the stunt bikes again... Alot of them! lol Me and the friend I was with took off to try and find another lot but couldn’t find anything close and nothing even close to as awesome as that lot...

On our way back to the lot another racer and his son that were going meet us there got their first and went up and talked to the Stunters… He noticed immediately that Jason Britton and his stunt crew was there.. Guess he’s a super famous Stunter and very well known in the super bike scene.. Him and his son were stoked and it was like a super stunt show.. We just went to the back of the building and built a smaller track real long and thin with a bunch of snake turns, a few straightaways and two Full turns.. Turned out perfect for the 4 of us that showed! The Real bikers didn’t mind one bit and Jason Britton even came and speed around the track on a stunting Pit bike for a lap.. The Jason who was with us has a few seconds of this on film when Jason Britton got behind his son that had a little camera running on the tail.. lol Pretty cool!!

All Euro Bikes this time and didn’t have any problems.. I still couldn’t get the GP3 tuned right with the jets I had.. Need all the needles, slides, right Jets and the right atomizer.. It was a bit boggy but held up with all but my BMS. A good day pocket biking when the hands come home half clean… lol

So because of the stunt bikes being there twice and both on Sundays we are thinking of moving our pocket bike day to Saturdays.. Think it will be better for us! So Next Saturday we are trying again! I’ll keep you all posted!!

·
PBP STUNTER
145 Posts
Yeah i know who Jason Britton is. He rides for Icon and is slapped all over their fliers and posters.

Qualcomm aside, I know of a few good-sized local lots down here. From J-Bo's corporate to a couple of youth centers, that are closed on weekends. I know it's a drive, but just throwing it out there.

It's about an hour and a half for me to ontario, so it's not to bad. But putting my bike in the back of my civic when its hot isn't so great for me lol. And I have mine set up for stunting not racing. But never the less if the chance arises I'll come out

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool!! New spots are always good.. If there is a good Crowd I'd drive hours if I had the Time and the Cash.. lol so who knows maybe a bunch of San Diegans will rush to this thread and we can have an official unlawfull crowd gathering.. Anyone??

Gonna try for the Ontario lot again on Saturday at least the 4 that showed this time will be there again... lol Maybe anyway...

·
PBP STUNTER
145 Posts
So far, i'm the only one i know lol. I'm not saying I'm the only one down here by any means, but I haven't seen anyone else around here, or around on here.

I'll put an ear to the ground though and try to gather some. It'd be fun before I leave.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strapped for time this weeked but headed to the Ontario Lot again this Saturday (12/8/12) about 8 or 9 AM till maybe 1 or 2 in the afternoon..

4 of us are in so far... If anyone wants to show.. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.