Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess most of You guys may know how important is to perform a leak down test on ALL 2 stoke engines, problems with 2T engines are defined into two groups: Vaccum Leak Related and NO Vaccum Leak Related, our 2T engines rely on flow dinamics, hence we need a "perfect sealed" engine to perform the best.

There are several testers out there, some are very expensive, like the Motion Pro, most of them are not intended for such small engines like ours,time ago I decided I was not going to pay up to $200.00 for a tester that anyways was not designed for my Scooter engines....and decided to built my own...a couple of days ago I fabricated a block plate for pocket bike air cooled engine and a "feed plate".

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
You've done it again Mexicano! GOOD JOB! bringing automotive technology into the world of pocketbikes.

I've used something less cool in the past, my mighty vac Brake bleeder, I am like MacGyver or something, you on the other hand, seem to do things "By The Book" which is worth lots more money than what I do, I'm more of a battle field repair man. <---I have less talent than you!!

Thanks again for adding such good info, leak-downs are REALLY important.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've done it again Mexicano! GOOD JOB! bringing automotive technology into the world of pocketbikes.

I've used something less cool in the past, my mighty vac Brake bleeder, I am like MacGyver or something, you on the other hand, seem to do things "By The Book" which is worth lots more money than what I do, I'm more of a battle field repair man. <---I have less talent than you!!

Thanks again for adding such good info, leak-downs are REALLY important.
Nick:

My wife says I have an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for "perfection"...maybe thats why :D

A Vaccum Brake Bleeder is a nice tool too to do leak down test.

Glad to contribute to this forum and payback some of the great help you are providing me.

Regards,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you for the Great info Mexicano. Can you tell us a bit more on how you are using this. Also, perhaps what kind of pressures & leak down times we should see for a good or bad 2 stroke ? Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts