Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention all CAPRA Cag riders:
Loudoun Legion has a practice lot located in Leesburg and we are trying to set-up a cag only practice. Before we go into all the details we just wanted to see if anyone would be interested and attend. It would probably be weekly, on a set weekday, around 5-6 until 9 at the latest.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I may be in. You're only about a half hour from Frederick, right?

Soulranger lives in Frederick, and he has a Cag. I'll PM him. Mine comes Tuesday. If you can avoid Thurday night, that would be great. I like attending the meets in Fairfax.

Roy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea we are about 30 minutes from frederick. We were looking to have around 5-7 people there. We want to keep it limited for a number of reasons, but I don't think that will be a problem. Chewy, were you live?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That might be do-able for me. Mon-Tues-Weds are good nights for me if I'm not working. Where exactly is the lot and do you think we will get any grief from the owners? A "Cag only" practice is a great idea..a little less intimidating for me!

Ross

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a lot of a school. We ride there after hours all the time currently without much of a problem. The cops do get called every now and then, but they come and see its just us and don't have a problem. If we do decide to set-up this practice, I'm going to talk to the principal about it and get the official "ok". The exact location is Cool Spring Elementary School off of Sycolin Road. Also, the problem I can see is that school is starting soon, and there will probably be car in the lot. That's why I think around 5 would be a good time because they should be gone by then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As tim(LoudounLegion) was saying hopefully the cars in the lot will be gone buy 5-6. If thats not the case then were gonna keep our eyes open for another lot. But if we could get a cag practice we could get mock races goin and get some practice in with out getting lapped buy all the italian bike riders

·
Registered
118 Posts
There was that business in Gaithersburg called G.E.S. or something similar. Eugene or "Jenya" has the info on the place.

Can someone PM him?

Roy

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have not heard from Jenya or m3thod (Eugene or Garrett) for a while( since before the hack). I think they go to U of MD and tomorrow is the first day of school for them.

Ross

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is the address of the lot for anybody thats interested.
501 Tavistock Drive, S.E.
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
We were thinking of trying to set up a practice for this tuesday 8/31/04 at around 5-6 and see what the turn out is. post if you plan on making it.

Zach

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey Zack it depends on whether I get AJ's ECO up to snuff. The (orange and black HD) I live in Kincaid Forest where is the lot? In Tavistock? I use the lot over at the ballfields across from Broadland on Blueridge. I take the backroad of sycolyn to get there. its smaller but private. But if this is closer that is great! Had any negative problems associated with it? By the way in Loudoun there is no legal ordinance (sp)? on the books but they are writing law right now which will outlaw riding scooters; PB etc on the streets. I think that is just smart. We need to stay safe. Let me know when and how to get to the proposed practice.

JD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said, police have stopped both Zach and I a couple of times. They were cool enough to just tell us to be safe and don't ride on the roads. As long as we stay in the lot, we shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Shoot, my bike won't be delivered until tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to order some cones off EBay, so we can set up a nice course.

I want to completely dis-assemble the bike and inspect, LockTite, and re-assemble it before I bring it out. That will take at least one day.

Hope you folks have fun, and I'll be at the next one. Maybe I'll see a couple of you in Fairfax Thusday.

Roy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gravel-Fun said:
Shoot, my bike won't be delivered until tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to order some cones off EBay, so we can set up a nice course.

I want to completely dis-assemble the bike and inspect, LockTite, and re-assemble it before I bring it out. That will take at least one day.

Hope you folks have fun, and I'll be at the next one. Maybe I'll see a couple of you in Fairfax Thusday.

Roy
1. We have cones
2. If you want you can bring it out and work on it at the track, if you wanted some help I'm sure people will help (I would), it might get your bike on the track faster...Just an idea =)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I appreciate the offer. I promised my 14 year old neighbor he could "help" rebuild the bike at my house. (I'm trying to recruit as many as I can into the sport)

Gotta keep my promise.

Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gravel-Fun said:
I appreciate the offer. I promised my 14 year old neighbor he could "help" rebuild the bike at my house. (I'm trying to recruit as many as I can into the sport)

Gotta keep my promise.

Thanks

Roy
Haha Good Deal, Have Fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey rubbersidedown, I live in tavistock and the lot is actually the cool spring parking lot. hopefully u can make it out to practice tommorow. maybe sometime we can go check out your lot and see if its ne better. Anybody else know if there gonna make it out tommorow. me and tim will most likely be up there around 6-630

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys..I have to work tomorrow (PGFD) but like I said before this is a great idea for Cags only and Leesburg is a lot closer for me then Fairfax. Don't change things just for me but if you would do it Wednesday I could make it for sure...sounds like Gravel-Fun could too. See you guys eventually!!

Ross

1 - 20 of 39 Posts