Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking for a senior member to help me out here... I am writing a paper for my high school Government class that is will be sent to the legislatures and the Ohio government. The problem is that I need a credible "expert witness" to quote in my paper to advocate why pocket bikes should be made legal... thanks guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry cbusbandit, but to a soccer mom in an explorer, a pocket bike is nothing more than a speed bump. Just my oppion.

Gar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just hoping to be able to approach my state legislature with something, even something small that would perhaps help tip the balance...
but just wishful thinking I suppose...
If anyone else can help me out, just PM me and I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
The only "pocketbikes" I've seen made legal have been the X-18's, and those are pretty big bikes (3/4 scale motorcyles). Even those require a lot of work to be made street legal. A Cag, for instance, is a 1/4-scale motorcycle, and as Garinth pointed out, are nothing more than a speed bump to a soccer mom in an SUV. Even to someone in a car, they're pretty difficult to see.

Check my thread on this subject for varied responses to that exact question:
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f179/pocket-bikes-street-legal-not-60160.html

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i think cags should totally be legal on the track
maybe in a safe enclosed neighborhood, no street tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was thinking that i could approach them with something like being legal on enclosed tracks and on residential streets with a speed limit of 25mph or less, and they would have to be modified with tail and headlights, blinkers, and maybe even an extra flag that sticks way up off of the back... because i know that most cags can easily get up around 25 and i think that people are usually more aware of people running or riding bikes and whatnot on residential streets. Also, another issue is that they have no VIN# so they can't be registered and insured... so i thought that we could think up something for that. I love my pocket bike and i want to ride it around without looking over my shoulder to avoid getting ticketed.
any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have a good argument, You make good points. You should loose the enclosed track bit when makeing your pitch. People hear that and think, Yea take it to a race track, stay there and I don't have to think about you or listen to that noise maker ripping up and down my street all hours of the day and night. Keep listening to people who are against you. You might find a way to change their mind if you know where their head is. I dissagree with you, but I like hearing what you have to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone else wants to throw in their two cents, go for it. I need another 5 responses by monday to be able to link to this thread as a "credible expert witness" in my paper that I will be submitting to the Ohio legislature...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts