Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping I've got this in the right section, not sure what I would call this thing aside from a pit bike

Looking for any info I can get on this bike I picked up today

Mainly interested in upgrade ideas, known flaws or common issues, and lastly any parts suppliers you may know of.

Still not sure of how many cc's it is even, although I'll probably find that out once I get home

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like a Clone of a 1999 Yamaha PW80 dirtbike that I have. Thay made this for 20 yrs +. Its even the same color. The engine size in cc's should be stamped on the block near where the exhaust bolts up. Also, that Craftsman mower behind the dirtbike with the catcher bag on it looks like the one in my garage parked right beside the bike. Did you take this pic inside my garage ? haha With the Yamaha you can make a Big gain by removing the exhaust restriction in this 2 stroke which is just like a washer - installed right at inlet at head. Can change sprockets, complete exhaust & mod suspension ( check PW80 mods ).

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Nice looking bike Saelix................

I think this 4 stroke bike I got a few months back thats just sitting in my shed looks more like a clone of the PW80....I also have a few PW80's aswell........1 is pretty modded including a 1mm overbore and is just as fast as my 83 YZ80.The other 2 are a work in progress.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The other bike I have that hasnt changed much over the years is my XR100

My XR70 is a diff story...........

Its just like my CRF 50 and 70's which have similar engines to the minitrails..............

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow it's a **** close copy of a Crf, I can't wait to get the new plastics I ordered, should really improve the overall look of it. Took it out for a ride for a good hour today and **** it's got power for such a small bike, soo easy to catwalk.

How many bikes do you have Cam? I'd love to get my hands on a good Honda 4 stroke, starting to grow very fond of the sound of them

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Wow it's a **** close copy of a Crf, I can't wait to get the new plastics I ordered, should really improve the overall look of it. Took it out for a ride for a good hour today and **** it's got power for such a small bike, soo easy to catwalk.

How many bikes do you have Cam? I'd love to get my hands on a good Honda 4 stroke, starting to grow very fond of the sound of them
Those little pitbikes are pretty cool and the one you have looks like it has good potential for being a nice powerhouse and play machine..The CRF plastics will kick it off with a better look...I love my CRF's....They wheelie like theres no tomorrow.

I get most of my bikes non-running and free of charge because no-one wants to throw them out and they also dont want to pay $80 bucks an hour shop labor plus parts to get it running again either....I ride around in my beatup truck with bikes in the back and people just pull up and ask if I want more aswell as scan the free section of craigslist............I get them fixed and running in an hour or less at most times.......If not they make great project materials.................

Pocketbike/midbike/superbike/scooter meld numbers..........I have enough to ride 1 different model every day of the month.............Thats the same for dirtbikes with trikes and quad meld also r/c cars/boats/helicopter meld..............

Automobiles,-I have enough to drive a different one everyday of the week...............

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha thanks Nick, it's been a pretty rainy summer so far, today it's only 16 degrees out but we still manage to get out and tear up the BC wilderness often enough. Spent most of today working on my 1990 Ford ranger, she's good to go now once I get the new clutch put in. And Hyundai's are pretty reliable cars at least, we used them at Lordco for parts deliveries and never had any issues in the time I worked there

I hope I start running into some of those situations once I've got my truck going Cam, I always have my main bike in the back of my truck during summer:D I just need to start picking up a few bigger bikes now, the only fullsize I still have is my X-Rage 125 which I still haven't picked up a new back rim for >_<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts