Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya , you read right . A trailer . That part will come in the near future .

But for now I am throwing a couple hours into this monkey bike I just picked up. I paid $200 for it and its in very good shape for being made in china in 2004. I gave it a good bath , some paint, and polished it up now she looks good as new.

Pics of it when I picked it up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Now I dont have many pics after I cleaned it op but you can see in the pics from here on out how most of the rust is gone and its all shined up.

I have already started up grading it too. First was the headlight . Since the stock one was broken , along with being crap , I replaced it with a new Hella light that I had layin around . Even integrated the driving light or city light into it . Made a nice bracket to mount it aswell.

Since the speedo was molded into the stock headlight , I needed to mount it somewhere . Turns out its the same size as the sunpro gauges you get at autozone. So I took the mounting bracket for the gauge and used it for the speedo. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

^^^^^^^ Replaced the handle bar mounts with a honda piece after I broke the stock china one.

Then I got tired of it being so slow (35 mph with the wind at your back) So I figured I would throw a 110cc I had layin around in it . Its a United Motors motor that came out of a old school chinese pit bike . Sports a real Mikuni carb also .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did run into a tiny issue. The carb sat way to close to the frame . Luckily I had another intake around that would point it off to the side a bit.

Before

After

Now thats where Im at. I need to put the chain and such back in and slap on a clutch cable and I should be set. I am CNCing some custom LED lights for the turn signals aswell as the tail light. This will not be a huge project , seeing I already have a dozen or so of those.

OHhh, the trailer. It will be something along the lines of this :)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
****, straight out of the 50's with the trailer, that is awesome!

Can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out!

Those who Can't, Teach, those who didn't really "need" to be taught can somehow just "Do" Good job! and to be teaching yourself / learning all the tricks yourself, that make's it even tougher, you are no doubt smarter than I am!

Keep it up!

Nick.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Man, nice work on the bike so far ... and a teardrop trailer, as well! Thou art be stylin', bro .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts