Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I’m new to this

So recently I got a second hand liquid cooled mini moto got it started but didn’t wanna go anywhere checked the clutch and there was nothing left on the pad got a new clutch I thought its easy as slipping it straight onto the shaft however I had to knock it in which was a tight fit making sure woodruff key is in line however I don’t think I did a perfect job with it as now my rear wheel is locked up any suggestions guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I managed to free the wheel up however the bike is lacking power I can rev it up when the back wheel is off the ground but the moment I sit on it it hardly moves and lacks power it also has a new spark plug

·
Registered
389 Posts
You have to setup the clutch correctly. What clutch do you have? Post a Pic for more help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There are 3 screws to adjust the springs for a higher or lower engaging clutch. First of all you have to adjust all springs to the same length, should be about 21mm length (springs only, without any washer). The check the engaging rpm with a gaug should be about 8 - 8500rpm. You can lower/higher the engaging rpm by turning the screws clockwise (more rpm) or counter clockwise (less rpm).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are 3 screws to adjust the springs for a higher or lower engaging clutch. First of all you have to adjust all springs to the same length, should be about 21mm length (springs only, without any washer). The check the engaging rpm with a gaug should be about 8 - 8500rpm. You can lower/higher the engaging rpm by turning the screws clockwise (more rpm) or counter clockwise (less rpm).
Thanks for the reply , ok silly question but where are these screws located I know there’s 3 allon key sort of screws behind the clutch or is are they somewhere else ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Made some pics

Start at 21mm with adjustment, the clutch should get grip short befor the power band starts. After every adjustment you should run a short time and then check the pads. They should be glassed at the whole area of the pad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great help! Appreciate the help !

I have br7es spark plug on it at the moment the bike is so slow no top end and no acceleration

I may need to change the spark to get better performance or will this be just because of the clutch

·
Registered
389 Posts
Both, get a br 9 or 10 and adjust the clutch. Also have a look at the carb setting, be sure that it don't run to lean.

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Do a compershon test let us know how many psi you get.

An engine that is not producing it's rated horsepower and RPM will fry clutches

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do a compershon test let us know how many psi you get.

An engine that is not producing it's rated horsepower and RPM will fry clutches
Well i figured out when tighteningthe housing bell nuts in the more tighter u tighten the more the wheel locks up so I put in washers to give it a gap as the clutch kept catching onto the bell put in a new carb rpm is good with the wheel off the ground the moment I put it on the ground it dies out later on one of the clutch shoes snapped I’ve given up with it threw it in the garden 😂

·
Registered
389 Posts
Get a zocchi or BZM clutch and you wouldn't have any more problems.

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
It was probably a trash China knock off clutch you get what you pay for you know...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get a zocchi or BZM clutch and you wouldn't have any more problems.
I also got the b9 spark however it ran started better with the wrong spark plug ? The b9 was a lot longer than the wrong spark plug which was the same size as the cag air cooled plugs

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
That 2 shoe is promising after I went to a two shoe all of my problems disappeared

With the two shoe you want to keep the RPM's up so the clutch stays locked if you're on and off the throttle or blipping the clutch won't last long.

doesn't matter what anybody says if it runs better with that one spark plug than any other spark plug than run it!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That 2 shoe is promising after I went to a two shoe all of my problems disappeared

With the two shoe you want to keep the RPM's up so the clutch stays locked if you're on and off the throttle or blipping the clutch won't last long.

doesn't matter what anybody says if it runs better with that one spark plug than any other spark plug than run it!!!

Ok cheers let’s hope the power band is there when I put the new clutch in expected delivery on Wednesday will keep you updated !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I’ve got the bzm clutch fitted still no power I’ve also tried to tighten clutch no difference what other points can cause this ? If I lift the wheel off the ground it revs up fine moment I put it to the ground powers gone

1 - 20 of 37 Posts