Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some background. I just picked up an MX500 and was going to wait on mods until later. This has been sitting in a storage shed for 2 years, in the box. Grandparents bought it and the parents said no way, then covid hit. I can get about 20 minutes out of a charge, so pretty sure the batteries are on their last leg due to sitting for so long. I was going to wait to decide on lithium or not, but now I have to decide. Is it possible to get 48v lithium setup for under $200? If I'm going this route, I'll go ahead and do the 800W motor and 48v 1000W controller at the same time. Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
20 minutes is pretty good for the SLA you know

By the time you get the battery and charger you will be in it about 350$ unless your going the china route

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
When you overvolt the battery has to have enough power. 48v 20ah roughly. Probably around$250 (Chinese) for just the battery. Motor roughly $70, and controller roughly $70. Just a rough idea for you.
My buddy did, 24v 500w motor, 36v 10ah lithium, and 36v 1000w controller, was$300. And he really needs a 36v 14ah battery.
Just to give you an idea.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Awesome if you search around for li ion mx 650 and such you will find plenty of threads here on the subject of Chinese lithium ion batteries...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts