Pocketbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess you could J-B Weld them in if you never want to use that cylinder or exhaust again. I don't use J-B Weld, and I don't use Loctite on anything on these engines. I want them to come apart when I need them to, I will use anti-seize or Nothing at All and just a lock washer. Not judging anybody, that is what I do.
Except JB Weld mod for the fuel shut off on the stock carburetor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hey I don't want to start a new post and I know this is off this post topic but there are meny kinds of carbs and I just want to know which for uberscoot2x50cc,

·
Registered
260 Posts
You're looking for a 'bigger' carb or one for better tunability? I believe yours is probably 15 mm. If you get a walbro you'll have better tunability or even a walbro clone. I remember reading old posts on here where guys would take walbro clones and modify them to be 15 to 16 mm.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
It's not worth wasting your time on a Chinese clone when the genuine parts are available sure the genuine carburetor cost a lot more money but it will actually be an upgrade with good throttle feal instead of those Chinese junk clone carburetors that feel like you have on and off throttle

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess it all depends on how much money he has. Technically our stock round slide carburetors are Chinese clones. I'm not arguing just simply saying that we already have Chinese clone carbs and they work just fine. I have GoPeds a ton of them and all but one have clone carbs. And they all run exactly the same. You just got to know how to tune it. I've never tried to put one on a pocket bike yet but can't be much different.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you are going to a bigger carb you will need all kinds of porting in the cylinder to make it work. A 19mm dell or clone carbs it way to big, many people had tried on post I have read before and me to. Online you can get a 16mm Walbro HDA48D cause it only has an inlet and no return line, About $50, + $20 manifold, V-stack, air filter. You can get a Chainsaw carb for less than $15, I got one that has Accel pump, that squirts gas in the carb, when you open the throttle.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is nothing wrong with that 15mm carb, its also a good price, stock is 13mm piston carb, that's about 15%. I have some modified Cag engines running that carb, piston port scooter engines too. The screw on the side is high speed jet, the low is a small screw down inside the round brass part on top, sometimes they put epoxy in there so you can't see it. You can taper bore the front the rear also pretty easily. It pumps gas from the tank, not gravity fed like a piston carb. I have some very modified stock carbs that work very well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Both jets on all Walbro or clones are straight slot,I carry a small screwdriver in my pocket in a small case, so I can stop anywhere and adj the carb, 1/8 turn either way, on a Walbro WT603 factory settings are 1 1/2 turns out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok got my exhaust and used copper anti seize with lockwashers, next and hopefully last question is premixed gas better or can I get 100 octane and 2 stroke oil and mix 50:1

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds good, I tried to buy premix but it really doesn't matter if you're buying a hundred octane it probably does not have ethanol in it. I just try to avoid ethanol no matter what. But I will run pump gas in the summer but towards fall I switch to ethanol free in case I store it with some gas in it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.