Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I picked up this little Loncin for my girlfriend to learn on since she doesn't like riding my bikes and I was wondering if anyone knew of a better carb I could get for it, I've had nothing but trouble with the cheap one it came with. I just finished pulling the starter off and getting it all cleaned up inside

PS. I have ventured into the world of 4 strokes for the first time and I have to say i'm impressed!

Heres a pic from our first day out riding

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n593/Saelix6/e54e4112.jpg

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Dang Saelix, no offence or anything, but.....

Your girlfriend is really cute! You need to give her the faster ATV, to keep her up in the front of the pack!

How many cc's are we talking, and it's a single cylinder air cooled right?

Nicholas. :p:thumbsup:

ps

I think it was a 24mm or 26mm Mikuni the 4-stroke guys we're love'in on!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None taken lol, she refuses to ride my 200cc zongshen but once she gets out a few more times I'm sure she'll welcome the upgrade :p

It's a 110cc and yeah it's the air-cooled single cylinder, I'd definitely love to throw a mikuni on it

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Go on Ebay motors and get a 22mm Honda 110cc ATV carb. to your door for $24.99. Find the new thread here on the main forum 24mm or 26mm carb. the ebay store seller is on that thread, it was only 2 days ago think I seen it there this morning. You have a Honda 110cc Clone engine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the 26mm mikuni gives the best performance for the 110, this is coming from the mechanic at my local Motorsports shop that sells these things. Apparently there's a full setup you can get for around $40 on eBay that comes with a filter and something else. So I'm not to sure which way to go with this yet, have you tried out the 22mm on anything EPR?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not so much yet, but shes far less fond of having to stop all the time so I can re tune her ghetto carb lol

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Thats not going to work, the carb is to big for a stock 100 0r 110cc, the manifold wiil Not fit your bike unlees your carb faces the rear wheel. That would fit on my 110cc ZX1 dirt bike cause the carb faces back Not forward. That maniflod is way to short for a forward facing carb.
I have a 26mm Mikuini, just like that in a box.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Not so much yet, but shes far less fond of having to stop all the time so I can re tune her ghetto carb lol
I stop my car LOTS, to "Re-Tune" my Ghetto Stereo system in my 1999 Hyundai Accent 1.5l SOHC <----That C is for CAM :p

Good luck with the new carb Saelix, I think it will be a GOOD match!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thats not going to work, the carb is to big for a stock 100 0r 110cc, the manifold wiil Not fit your bike unlees your carb faces the rear wheel. That would fit on my 110cc ZX1 dirt bike cause the carb faces back Not forward. That maniflod is way to short for a forward facing carb.
I have a 26mm Mikuini, just like that in a box.
But that is on a quad, Some of the parts might be "Different"

NASA.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On a Quad 110cc it faces rear so no problem, but look at the angle of the engine and get a manifold that makes your carb level. All kinds of different sizes, lengths, and shapes for these bikes.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
On a Quad 110cc it faces rear so no problem, but look at the angle of the engine and get a manifold that makes your carb level. All kinds of different sizes, lengths, and shapes for these bikes.
I think "The Other" NASA Engineers might have got that one taken care of.

He did say he asked a "Real" Mechanic, Just kidding EPR! :p:thumbsup:

NASA.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have little faith in the mechanic at that shop lol, but I asked him if he carries a manifold that will work with the 26mm and he has 3 different styles that come with different kits. I ordered the carb and an airfilter so far, just need Canada post to end the strike so it can be shipped to me >_<

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Don't know much about that part of the engine, but if you can pull it out by hand and engage, there is probably a broken spring or something inside the starter system, Blitz and Cam2 would Know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually that would make allot of sense, I'm gonna pull it apart and see how it should engage. I'm assuming it should only engage while starting though right?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I have an X18 110cc w/ 4 speed, never had that cover off yet, batteries dead so I kick start it like in the old days,lol. But the starter solinod has to move somethimg to engage it and the engine together to turn it over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts