Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up PBP people?
I haven't been on in quite sometime, things have been stupid busy for me (this is a good thing). I however did want to check in , say hi & share a little...

So that Benelli TNT135 I had picked up was a good/nice little bike. I liked it, for sure. I however didn't like tracking it. I was constantly dragging hard parts & I just could not get used to the riding position. So that thing had to go.
In it's place I picked up a Bucci Moto BR12GP! ! ! Now we're talking'! Daytona Anima 190 4V, Mupo suspension...this thing is PURE fun !
Here's a couple pictures of the bike itself and a couple of me out at G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio with OMRL.

I also bought an SV Racing Parts lap timer to put on the bike (seriously can't be beat for a beacon/lap timer for $40.00!). I was looking for a place to mount the eye for the timer & I was like "put it on the top of the tail MotoGP style! ! !".

One more, but just because I think it's funny...

Also...,...,...one day riding the pocket bike in the neighborhood school's playground/parking lot having some fun, my butt was getting hot while riding. I stop the bike to see what the heck is going on...,...,...frame separated on both sides behind the motor. IDK why, I never wrecked her that day & it wasn't like that before I went out. I was however giving her the business! I think maybe the frame isn't able to stand up to what I was using the bike for, seeing as how it's just a chinese "kids toy" & not meant for some dude out having actual "practice" on it.
I'm going to keep it though, the engine is definitely good. Maybe this winter when things calm down I'll try my hand at building a new frame for her. It may be good, it may be a disaster, but I at least want to try it.

Anyway, I hope all of you have been good & been out riding something.
Talk soon

Randall

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
beautiful bike! My buddy is a distributor for them over in Cali. I don't have the doe to get one. I would love to have one though. they look so fun. Nice bike!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kray,
Thank you 🤙🏻THE BR12GP is a great bike & I absolutely couldn’t be happier with it!
I didn’t have the $ for it either. I Decided to give up my big bike track days, sold 2 bikes (GSXR600 & TNT135) and my Kendon trailer to come up with most of the money.
Now there’s no waiting for a track day schedule. If I’m not working & I want to go to the track, it’s a phone call/text away & either $20 or $30 (instead of $300) Plus racing OMRL is freaking awesome!
I actually think I’m having more fun now than I ever did on my 600. It just happened that all of this fits my life right now. No regrets 🤙🏻✊🏻🏁🏍💨

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would have to sell my grom, my cag and my DM telai to get to just over half the cost. And I'm not sure if I'm ready to sell my DM after spending 2 years getting parts from Italy to get it hope I want it.

But I'm tempted to take the plunge and get one. However my nearest track that allows bikes is 4 hrs away. Parking lots and my DM are much closer.

I might be more interested in the br10 but undecided with the 160 or 190.

I also might just sell my Grom and get a pitster pro lxr190. And get sumo wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to sell my grom, my cag and my DM telai to get to just over half the cost. And I'm not sure if I'm ready to sell my DM after spending 2 years getting parts from Italy to get it hope I want it.

But I'm tempted to take the plunge and get one. However my nearest track that allows bikes is 4 hrs away. Parking lots and my DM are much closer.

I might be more interested in the br10 but undecided with the 160 or 190.

I also might just sell my Grom and get a pitster pro lxr190. And get sumo wheels.
OUCH! 4 hours is quite a drive one way. I most definitely wouldn’t have made the switch if that were the case for me. CRP (Circleville Raceway Park) is closest to me, about 30-40minutes depending on traffic.
G&J, Adkins & Fremont are all about 2 hours & I don’t really mind that too much. I won’t drive that to go ride by myself, but I’m more than happy to go with a friend/fellow racer or 10.
Furthest I’ve been to (like 3 times in the past month 😂) is PittRace & it’s a solid 3 hours. But it was a few OMRL guys, Kermoto (Race school) and a bunch of kids training for MotoAmerica Mini Cup this past weekend (Reese Fraley, Ryder Davis, Nathan Gouker, Eli Banish, Aliza Keiffer).We all pitched in to rent the track out for the weekend (Sat & half Sun). It was a great time.

That GRC GP10R is a really sweet looking machine! I was seriously considering one of them also. I believe that GRC has a 12 in the works.
Also, I would definitely go with a 190 if you get a bike. I was having the same thoughts as you about the 160/190.
I looked at it like this...,...,...if you’re going to buy such a niche bike like that, get the best one they’ve got, even if it takes saving some money for a little longer. It’s better than getting a 160 bike with stock suspension and then 2 months later thinking “I wish I would have bought that 190 with Mupo suspension on it.”
Just my .02

I am seriously glad I bought the 190 though. It’s enough to make the bike very fun & most definitely competitive in the proper class (F1 in OMRL).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's so cool. Ultimately yeah, I can't afford it. But I'm glad it's becoming more popular here. Slowly people are buying them over sumo pit bikes.

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Must be a family reunion, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts