Pocketbike Forum banner

looking at where to buy a mx500

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bassiclyloudog 
#1 ·
hey guys im new and i was wondering where i should buy my mx500 at razor or where? thanks

#2 ·
well here's a few things to consider. paying for any new razor is going to be expensive! the MX bikes go for $300-$500...wayyy too much. You effectivley convert another vehicle for cheaper.

MX pros;
-full suspension
-disc brakes
-extra room to mod

MX cons
-can't use a larger motor
-now that you can get dirty, cleaning the bike is a real chore.

for example I bought a razor pocket mod, ripped off the plastic, put a 1000wat motor on it, and hit 26mph on 48v.
the cons to the pocket mod are that you can't go off roading as well and there's no suspension.

try your local craigslist for used bikes. If you can get a decent frame than you can build from the ground up.

ebay is ok, but shipping is a pain. amazon has some stuff. ToysRus may have answer. Heck I saw a 450watt currie at walmart for $200, I paid that much for my e300 which only has a 250watt motor.

#4 ·
I can't stress this enough; assume you will have to replace the batteries because you will. any batteries on a used bike will need replaced with fresh ones. say you want to go to 48v, you can't just buy 1 new battery to add to the bike. It needs to match.

That being said, the cheaper the better. Heck even without a motor or controller if you can convince the guy to keep them for himself to lower the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.