Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you looking to see if somebody has a used one they want to sell you? As far as I know that company is long gone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking to see if somebody has a used one they want to sell you? As far as I know that company is long gone.
Yea im throwing a hail Mary pass to try to find 1 or 2 of them. I know ada racing made one also that these are clones of but will be even harder to find

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
I think he wants used pbu is long gone more than likely they paid for 30 years of web hosting in advance or the host and domain is attached to multiple accounts that are somehow getting paid for

·
Registered
410 Posts
Kitty What???? I think you lost everybody on that post.
Anyway, I hear you, unfortunately I don't know anybody that has one of those, unfortunately I'd say the best resource is post a wanted ad on here in the sale Section and on eBay and possibly even post a wanted ad on your local used ads. I have something very similar for a Go-Ped but I know that doesn't work for the pocket bikes. I already tried. It is way too small. It was built for a 23cc engine and not a 47 to 49cc engine

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have also not seen any of those for sale. I did recently come across an engine that had One of their triple stage reeds. I’m going to keep that and use it for some testing against a regular fiberglass, carbon fiber, tin reeds

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice, let us know when you try out that triple stage reed. I would like to know how it performs considering I have never seen one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have 2, brand new billet block 4 reed setups for Cag reed port engines, not PBU but is it the same thing. I paid $70 each, will sell them for that. $150 shipped. Also have 2 new Walbro 16mm HDA48D pumper carb, that mount on them. No return line only inlet, perfect for a Cag w/ 1 line gas tank. $35 dollars each for the carbs, go to davesmotors.com and check out the price of a 48D. This is a one time offer to you now, just trying to help you out for this Killer engine rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
No problem, good luck on your search, there gone for good, look for used ones anywhere. I am never selling my PBU stuff that I have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So you were saying that a cag reed case kit is not the same as a piston port reed kit? And by the way why, why the heck would anybody want to put a reed kit on the piston port? Just wondering. I’ve seen people try it on the bicycle kits and they’re junk. I don’t care what anybody says they do not work unless the engine was designed for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could make the Cag one fit no problem, I found an old member here, go search for KevinT, for piston port mods.
Lol i am KevinT. I no longer use the old email address i made that old account with. So cant log in.

Ada racing and PBU made the reed kits for the 43/49cc piston port engines. The pbu was a clone of the ada racing ones. I can make cylinder reed kits from sorts of other applications fit my project engine (its not a 49cc but has the same exact bolt pattern)
But id rather try to find a simpler bolt on solutuon....every time you make a adapter plater to modify 1 reed to fit something else you are spacing the reed further away from the piston and making more crankcase volume.

Simply bolting a reed to a piston port engine does nothing, its the ability to add boost transfers along the intake side, larger intake ports with up to full 360 degree opening, and the reed itself catching any blow back out the intake port is why reed convereted engines make more power and what win races over piston ported engines

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was here before too, but I am not suppose to be, I remember your posts, you put a W/C Polini engine on a scooter, I still remember the video. Your cyld porting was wild. Glad your back, a bunch people were kicked off like CAM2....etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Lol i am KevinT. I no longer use the old email address i made that old account with. So cant log in.

Ada racing and PBU made the reed kits for the 43/49cc piston port engines. The pbu was a clone of the ada racing ones. I can make cylinder reed kits from sorts of other applications fit my project engine (its not a 49cc but has the same exact bolt pattern)
But id rather try to find a simpler bolt on solutuon....every time you make a adapter plater to modify 1 reed to fit something else you are spacing the reed further away from the piston and making more crankcase volume.

Simply bolting a reed to a piston port engine does nothing, its the ability to add boost transfers along the intake side, larger intake ports with up to full 360 degree opening, and the reed itself catching any blow back out the intake port is why reed convereted engines make more power and what win races over piston ported engines
Please PM me your email address I will email the admins and attempt to get your account back.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Well damn! I have an old piston port engine here and might have to try that!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts