Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
im new to the pocket bike thing but thanks to all for the diagrams and knowledge ill post pics soon once i get mine pieced back together:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all, I just got this bike and working on fixing it up. Where is a good place to buy parts online?

Thanks...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Pocketbikeparts in Florida.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pocketbikeparts in Florida.
Thanks found your post on another thread... I will be making my own thread soon :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't need a battery or wiring to make the engine run, but you need to run the small coil wire to a toggle or kill switch and the other side to ground, so you can ground the coil when you want to turn it off.
I always, check or replace the plug and check for a spark and check the gap around .028" will work for starters. If you have a good spark, you can move on. Make sure all your bolts are tight. If the pull starter works, open the piston with the hole, in the carb, put a teaspoon of gas there or in the plug hole and pull start it to see if it pops or fires and or runs.
You have a 49cc Zenoah piston port copy engine, with a copy carb of a 15mm Walbro WYK pumper carb. Need to push the bulb a few time to get gas from the gas tank, needs a choke when cold. I have all kinds of new parts for that engine, cause I have a seat go-ped style scooter. I put a billet alum manifold with boost bottle fitting amd a WT-813 Walbro w/ acell pump for great starts, designed for your engine, and then a V-stack w/ choke cause the 813 has no choke plate, and a Jet Pro racing exhaust, it wants to pop wheelies & it only weights 48lbs. A Cateye is probably closer to 100lbs. You need an X1-X7 HP Fatty exhaust.
Thats bullcrap. a cateye weighs only about 45 pounds. i know i repair and restore them pal.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The battery and starter motor & magnets weight 10 lbs alone. Way to much extra weight if you want to go fast. The trans eats up all kinds of power before it gets to the rear wheel.
I have 2 hopped up piston port engines, one has a chopped cylinder and Cag alum alloy had fitted to it, the other has a Boosted306 ported cylinder and no base gasket.

Attachments

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
i have a cateye and i am the C.O.O. of a company that repairs and restores pocket bikes and scooters
Nice introduction... :rolleyes:

Thats bullcrap. a cateye weighs only about 45 pounds. i know i repair and restore them pal.
Mr Cool over here knows all... lol

I own 2 cateyes and they are at least 65 lbs.. I'm guessing more like 70-80. I pick them up to load them in my car. They weigh alot more than a bag of dog food...

Good stuff either way, loved the chirp ins... Super2Cents49 is your new nic name.. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If I had a Cateye, I would put a $99 H/F Tools 6.5 hp Lawnmower engine. Get stiffer valve springs and Killer carb rework the ports, try to find a cam and make a hp exhaust. Need a $100 Go Kart clutch and you will be popping wheelies.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
HAHA EPR, I was eyeballing those engines.... I just gave my cateye engine to a friend that had a cracked case.. I now have a brand new cateye frame all the plastics and think I should upgrade!!

Funny, I thought the cateyes were the nuts when I first started buying bikes.. Bought 3 of them. Two for 50 bucks and one for $80.. Thought I was getting the best deals ever... Then they started breaking! End of story!

lol

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
They all break, that's why my best bikes I don't ride them alot,lol. A Cateye can't have that much wiring. There has to be a Recitifier between the generator/starter motor before the battery and lights, and a starter solinoid and button and key or kill switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help with my cateye fs509 pocket bike I have a wiring problem the wiring is all cut and when I connect the barery up instead of my voltage going up my speedo acts like the voltage meter :mad:

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Ignore that unhook and unhook the Speedometer.. What else happens? Do the lights work? Does the Starter click over? The Speedometer uses magnets on the front wheel. The other wires are for the light inside it and the blinker markers. Time to get a volt meter... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ignore that unhook and unhook the Speedometer.. What else happens? Do the lights work? Does the Starter click over? The Speedometer uses magnets on the front wheel. The other wires are for the light inside it and the blinker markers. Time to get a volt meter... ;)

Don't know yet waiting for a new key in the mail I'm still looking for a more descriptive plug by wire kind of diagram with all wires labeled with plugs slots for this model fs509

21 - 40 of 91 Posts