Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought an 2007 x18 pretty old but still runs strong but the rear sprocket completely broke off the wheel and I was wondering if anyone know where to get one or have one for sale

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
For a rear sprocket for your X18, online on the .com , try pocketbikeparts, stock is a 38 tooth #420 chain gear with six 6mm mount holes. Mine is a 2008, bought it new. Finding a new front or rear 10" rim will be next to impossible. A lot of X bikes use that same rim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a rear sprocket for your X18, online on the .com , try pocketbikeparts, stock is a 38 tooth #420 chain gear with six 6mm mount holes. Mine is a 2008, bought it new. Finding a new front or rear 10" rim will be next to impossible. A lot of X bikes use that same rim.
Ohh Ya Ive Tried Pbp And Nothing, and the rear sprocket size they put on it is a 22t and the front is 16 Idk If Thats A Good set Up?

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
I have a 28 tooth billet alum rear gear from PBU, which are not made by them anymore. 22 w/ a 16 front, would be to low, the engine would not pull it 3 or 4th gear. I had a 16 x 28 and it bogged when I hit 4th gear, not enough power to pull it. I put a 15 up front but have not tried that yet. Its a 17mm x 21mm splined shaft like a 50-125cc Honda engine, with sprockets from 12 to 18. With the smaller gears up front the chain can rub the front of the rear arms up front. I got a billet chain tensioner I am putting on mine to take up the slack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 28 tooth billet alum rear gear from PBU, which are not made by them anymore. 22 w/ a 16 front, would be to low, the engine would not pull it 3 or 4th gear. I had a 16 x 28 and it bogged when I hit 4th gear, not enough power to pull it. I put a 15 up front but have not tried that yet. Its a 17mm x 21mm splined shaft like a 50-125cc Honda engine, with sprockets from 12 to 18. With the smaller gears up front the chain can rub the front of the rear arms up front. I got a billet chain tensioner I am putting on mine to take up the slack.
Ive mistaken its a 14 front not 16 and do you know if Pbu is still in business they don't email back

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Ive mistaken its a 14 front not 16 and do you know if Pbu is still in business they don't email back
Nope all the cool PB stuff you see on there website isn't made anymore. Pity.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
I swear, I would like to find someone to hack there website, show them selling CNC Condoms or something, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they need to shut that website down gets me all excited looking at all those parts I can't get lol

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Yes, Eye Candy, spent a lot of time drooling over the photos, lol. I live 3 1/2 hrs. from them, there near Santa Cruz, CA. One of these days, I swear, lol. It's been around 5 years, since the new owners took over, they could at least put sold out or something. You would think they would get tired of returning peoples moneys buy now, lol. My last order with them years ago was for a 2 stroke X2 CVT transmission, took almost a week to get my money back. Ihad Steam coming out of my ears, I wanted to drive down there and launch one of my pocket bikes thru there front window.
They had some great in house CNC stuff, Have 2 of there billet alum Torker Exhaust manifold for my Cag 2 stroke red port engines, $28 each & they have wings and help cooling, plus they look Sick.
Now they sell California legal 250cc 4 stroke road/dirt bikes and 50 & 150cc legal GY6 type scooters. See photos for some of there stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yes tried to buy a rear rim off their website and when I was gonna checkout it said they're PayPal is not receiving money at this time lol made me soo sad! But I like your x18 fairings did u cut them yourself?

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Haha yes tried to buy a rear rim off their website and when I was gonna checkout it said they're PayPal is not receiving money at this time lol made me soo sad! But I like your x18 fairings did u cut them yourself?
Sometimes you gotts do what ya gotta do to the body to make it alot user friendly....

I bought my second X18 for a $100.00 with lots of extra parts from a member here who bought it brand new and with-in a month wrecked it and got huge fines in tickets...

I wasnt spending $350.00 for another bodykit when the engine needed alot more power so the X18 Stuntbike was born out of the carnage......................

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I swear, I would like to find someone to hack there website, show them selling CNC Condoms or something, lol.
No need to do illegal things to the company that takes up internet space....Theyre most likely still collecting a check from the web developer for all the people looking at the eyecandy they cant obtain anymore.....

The Better Business Bureau can make them take down the site or face charges for false advertizing ........:tango_face_devil:

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
The truth about the, body mods. I was riding it up a ramp to my wood deck, 13 steps. The front wheel came up and when it came down the lower fairing hit the edge of the top step and broke it. I fixed it. One day The engine was running and I was trying to adjust the Air / Idle screw and burn my arm on the stock exhaust head pipe, for the 4th time. I went Off the deep End, and got my Dremel with cutting disc, metal straight edge and sharpie pen. Marked the lines of the shape I wanted and lightly cut lines on the black pen marks and slowly work my way thru. Then clean the edges. My windshield I cut down also cause my head & helmet are in front of the shield so it was in my way. I have a new whole left body side & lower fairing I got from MPR cause they shipped the bike with flat tires and it was riding on the metal frame it was in. I never changed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts