Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
all x18 x7 x19 frames are the same, only fairing mounts are different, except the 49cc x7 has different engine mounts of course, both models x7 have different suspension, x18 and x19 suspension and brakes are different from eachother, x15 and 12 frames are way different and the 15's have very well built frame and suspension,,,,,,, I go to X18parts.com for any x18 or x19 parts for sure

·
Banned
404 Posts
...well kinda. the x15 and x19 frames are identical. but the x18 and x7 frames are same only the x7 frame is smaller scale. but the problem with x15 and x19 frame is that it is common for the suspension mounts break and the swingarm cracks. sorry dude not trying to be like lame,

·
Registered
805 Posts
yeah the 18 frame is compltetly different. it doesnt have a full cradle like the 15 and 19

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Hey guys, I put together a huge sloppy list. Hopefully somebody who's been around the block a few times and is also conservative with the dough can help me pick the right hardware for my --X19-- project.

My budget is SUPPOSED to be $400 - but it's not going to happen, but just keep it in mind when helping.

110cc HITMAN POWER CDI UNIT
Item # HIT110CDI $69.00 USD
22mm FLAT SLIDE CARBURETOR SET
Item # 24M-FS $210.00 USD
28mm KOSO CARB SET
Item # 28M-KS $186.00 USD
COMP SIDE MOUNT
Item # RED-EXSM $189.00 USD
110cc 4 STROKE OIL COOLER KIT
Item # OILBOK-11 $118.00 USD
RED ALUMINUM OIL COOLER KIT
Item # RAO-88 $122.00 USD
X-15, X-17, X-18, GS-57 28 TOOTH ALUMINUM SPROCKET
Item # SB-28 $38.00 USD
X-15, X-17, X-18, GS-57 22 TOOTH ALUMINUM SPROCKET
Item # SB-22 $32.00 USD
WATER RESISTANT PLUG BOOT
Item # WAT-PLG $7.00 USD
4 STROKE INFERNO IGNITION SET
Item # 4S-INF-WR color: RED
$54.00 USD
NGK IRIDIUM 4 STROKE PLUG
Item # NGKIR $9.75 USD
RED ANODIZED FUEL FILTER
Item # R-ANO-FF95 $14.00 USD
4 STROKE UNI FILTER SET
Item # 4SUNIF $22.00 USD

All parts were chosen from:
4 Stroke Performance Pocket Bikes

I listed a lot of stuff twice and may have two different units of the same category (like the two different types of carbs).... which is why I need the help because I don't know the difference for the price or if it'll fit.

What I would like to end up getting is (1) of each from this list below I whipped up.

carb
air filter
fuel filter
spark-plug and spark-plug cap
foam-style hp filter
jet kit for the carb
CDI that advances the timing
oil cooler and head breather.............. kit
performance sprockets

Thanks for reading, and help if you can!

·
Banned
2,372 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
i wouldnt recommend anything over 22mm for the carb, you will never get it tuned right. you dont need the oil cooler or anything like that unless you are getting a bbk. 22t sproket is way too small, you will never pull on it, get the 28.

·
1,910 Posts
Hey guys, I put together a huge sloppy list. Hopefully somebody who's beeodyn around the block a few times and is also conservative with the dough can help me pick the right hardware for my --X19-- project.

My budget is SUPPOSED to be $400 - but it's not going to happen, but just keep it in mind when helping.

110cc HITMAN POWER CDI UNIT
Item # HIT110CDI $69.00 USD
Nobody has had much good to say about it. My understanding is it has a rev limiter and the stock one does not.
22mm FLAT SLIDE CARBURETOR SET
Item # 24M-FS $210.00 USD
28mm KOSO CARB SET
Item # 28M-KS $186.00 USD
To large for stock motor.
COMP SIDE MOUNT
Item # RED-EXSM $189.00 USD
110cc 4 STROKE OIL COOLER KIT
Item # OILBOK-11 $118.00 USD
RED ALUMINUM OIL COOLER KIT
Item # RAO-88 $122.00 USD
I'm not sure who you're buying from so I couldn't look at either cooler. Most of the guys who know what they're talking about don't like the cooler that's anodized and looks like a brick with fins. Yes it probably cools but how well? The good old fashion finned radiator style cooler doesn't look bling but I bet it works hell of a lot better.
X-15, X-17, X-18, GS-57 28 TOOTH ALUMINUM SPROCKET
Item # SB-28 $38.00 USD
X-15, X-17, X-18, GS-57 22 TOOTH ALUMINUM SPROCKET
Item # SB-22 $32.00 USD
WATER RESISTANT PLUG BOOT
Item # WAT-PLG $7.00 USD
4 STROKE INFERNO IGNITION SET
Item # 4S-INF-WR color: RED
$54.00 USD
NGK IRIDIUM 4 STROKE PLUG
Item # NGKIR $9.75 USD
RED ANODIZED FUEL FILTER
Item # R-ANO-FF95 $14.00 USD
4 STROKE UNI FILTER SET
Item # 4SUNIF $22.00 USD

All parts were chosen from:
4 Stroke Performance Pocket Bikes

OK now I know who you're looking at buying from :eek: Dude if you have money to burn go ahead. If not shop around. Don't take their word for anything I not sure they know on end of wrench from the other. Just my opinion and to put prospective on what I just said. I don't claim to be a good mechanic or even a fair one. I just stumble along, but they're off the chain with their mark up on these parts.
I listed a lot of stuff twice and may have two different units of the same category (like the two different types of carbs).... which is why I need the help because I don't know the difference for the price or if it'll fit.

What I would like to end up getting is (1) of each from this list below I whipped up.

carb
air filter
fuel filter
spark-plug and spark-plug cap
foam-style hp filter
jet kit for the carb
CDI that advances the timing
oil cooler and head breather.............. kit
performance sprockets

Thanks for reading, and help if you can!
I answered your post inside the post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the replies!

you guys know which one of these CDI units I should get?

TBolt USA, LLC » Pitbike Engine Parts » Electrical » Trail Bikes CDI BLUE/chinese
4 stroke pocket bike parts
Fancy Scooter: Gas Scooters and Electric Scooters Retail and Wholesale

I'm looking for the cheapest one that'll give me a good bang for my buck.

i wouldnt recommend anything over 22mm for the carb, you will never get it tuned right. you dont need the oil cooler or anything like that unless you are getting a bbk. 22t sproket is way too small, you will never pull on it, get the 28.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Also if you had a choice between these two options, which one would give more performance?

http://www.pocketbikeupgrades.com/images/INFERNO.jpg
or
http://www.pocketbikeupgrades.com/images/Inferno-fire-box-web.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

you guys know which one of these CDI units I should get?

TBolt USA, LLC » Pitbike Engine Parts » Electrical » Trail Bikes CDI BLUE/chinese
4 stroke pocket bike parts
Fancy Scooter: Gas Scooters and Electric Scooters Retail and Wholesale

I'm looking for the cheapest one that'll give me a good bang for my buck.

·
Registered
805 Posts
get the hotter coil. the cdi's are ****. they dont do anything. they sound cool thats about it. the hotter coil will give you better spark. you might not feel it in your butt when you get it but you will notice a better throttle responce form the coil.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks r32... I won't worry about the CDI right now, maybe if I get more into the sport.

Another question. I decided on this carb here and am reading that it's pre-jetted with a PBU jet-kit. I'm fine with that as long as PBU is at least a 4/5 stars on performance... or should I go ahead and get these jetkits to replace them with?

Thanks for all the input!
btw.. you can checkout my video on youtube for my bike (not like you haven't seen the bike before..)

Oh yeah, where can I get an air filter housing? Mine friend let it dry rot..

·
Council Member
2,585 Posts
includes the manifold but thats it, it has a jet in it but jetting has lots of variables to it, so it could be perfect for your bike or require some tuning to it, even if it does need new jets you can buy them with the money you saved.

·
Registered
805 Posts
yeah i wouldnt buy that one for 169, thats way too high. get the one juanito showed you. an you shouldnt have to rejet at all. there is plenty enough adjustment on the carb to get it right, you just have to know what you are doing. and as far as replacing your manifold, there is no pint since the stock manifold is 23mm and the carb you are getting is 22mm. so once again, save the money and spend it on something else.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I just ordered all the parts from PBU:

Item Options Quantity Remove Amount X-15, X-17, X-18, GS-57 28 TOOTH ALUMINUM SPROCKET
Item # SB-28 $38.00 USD WATER RESISTANT PLUG BOOT
Item # WAT-PLG $7.00 USD NGK IRIDIUM 4 STROKE PLUG
Item # NGKIR $9.75 USD RED ANODIZED FUEL FILTER
Item # R-ANO-FF95 $14.00 USD 22mm MIKUNI CARB SET
Item # 22MC $169.00 USD 12 VOLT HOT SHOT BATTERY TENDER
Item # HSHOT $38.00 USD 4 STROKE INFERNO IGNITION SYSTEM
Item # 4S-INF-IGN color: RED
$136.00 USD CARBON FIBER SUPER BIKE GP MIRROR
Item # CF-GPMRR $49.00 USD

I worked up a deal with him and got it to $400 shipped which is what my budget was. I had to place the order over the phone so I hope he gets it right.. I asked him to send me a receipt so I can review it.

I'll post back on how it all went. Thanks for all the advice.

yeah i wouldnt buy that one for 169, thats way too high. get the one juanito showed you. an you shouldnt have to rejet at all. there is plenty enough adjustment on the carb to get it right, you just have to know what you are doing. and as far as replacing your manifold, there is no pint since the stock manifold is 23mm and the carb you are getting is 22mm. so once again, save the money and spend it on something else.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts