Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get back into pocket bikes, have not had one for little less than a year but wanting another. I had a cag and an X3 maybe I think? I am not sure what I am wanting now, but I am leaning towards a cag again... I am wanting something easy and cheapish to mod and make faster. Not sure how fast yet, but I am wanting to get it up there. Minimal a big bore, new reeds, bigger carb... the usual. I love tinkering with these things, mostly because I enjoy working on cars, but these are easier. Anyone have any suggestions on what to get and where to look? I am probably looking used, but new for the right price is an option.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
eBay and Craigslist are a good place for used bike depending on where you live. Water cooled Cag type bikes are alot faster.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
What the the liquid cooled ones? Like what is the model called. I've never had one or looked into one as they are fairly expensive I thought.
B1's and B1 reps/C1's and C1 reps,,Banshees,Blatas,,Polinis,,GRC's,Stamas,Phantoms,,DM,BZM and Zocchi

I have a Polini 910Carenna watercooled I traded straight-up for a r/c monster truck.......It ran but was in rough shape........I had the truck up for sale and the dude sent me an e-mail wanting to do a trade.......

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The C1 might be 3" longer than my Cag. I put bicycle toe clips on my rear axle, and lay over the bike with my elbows bent and against my body, it helps keep the front wheel down & stiff,lol. I also put a smaller gear on the rear for less low end and it moves the rear wheel back 1 1/2". If you sit straight up on it, it wheelies everytime you grab the throttle,lol. The plus on the small bikes is you can put it in your trunk and ride it in a parking lot. A bigger super bike, it has to be a Big parking lot, or illegal on the road. There are mid bikes too. Alot of X-bikes, X1 - X22, the early ones had 49cc 2 strokes, a good bike is an X7 with a 110cc 4 stroke Honda clone engine, and auto or semi trans.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a guy in town that has a 110cc 4 stroke honda clone bike, no plastics, needs tires, needs pull start. It is essentially frame and motor and all other components. But he is not sure what model it is and is asking $125..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Just kidding it is kick start, but the kick starter pedal thing as he called it is stripped out and needs replaced, it is still good on the bike just the pedal.
The classic broken bolt and stripped kickstarter splines problem....This comes from improper knowledge when people buy superbikes....

When you buy a bike brand new and you uncrate it....The first thing you have to do is tear the bike down and lube-up the cables,,shim and adjust the brakes,,remove the shifter pedal,,brake pedal and kickstarter....change the oil,,air the tires,,lube the chain and swingarm pivot bearings/bushings

All this stuff needs to be loctited and retorqued correctly......especially the kickstarter,,shifter and brakepedal...

Everyone thinks you just grab a wrench and just wrench hard......Wrong...think a lil..the bike costs how much brand new versus a NSR...duh...Cheesy hardware should instantly come to mind and that hardware must be replaced with the real deal 8 and 8.8mm hardware

Then even after that you still dont wrench down hard.....

loctite the new real 8.8mm bolt

heat the kickstarter boss with a plumbers torch to make it a couple hundred degrees...slip it monto the kickstarter shaft,,,add bolt and tighten....when the kicker cools itll get tighter around the splines so chances of ever stripping one again being unlikely.............same goes for the shifter,,,,...........The heat makes the metal conform so well and the loctite keeps it nice n tight........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.