Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marshalltown track day Sept 25th is the next one in Iowa. Last one was a BLAST. See pics here:
http://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=6;t=16611

The hosts are here:
http://www.ciamr.com/index.cfm

The track:
http://jetkarting.net/iowa_international_raceway.htm

We rode from 10am to 4pm - had to just quit due to fatigue!!! Could have gone longer. The coolest part was I have two bikes that are identical, thus no speed advantages! So we were head to head most of the time and near tire scrapping alot!! hahahhahaha Hope some of you can make the next one:
Marshalltown track day Sept 25th

I'll be in KC the week of spet 17th, and plan on riding the lake rode down by Lees Summit. I'd like to hook up with some locals and race ro ride around a parking lot or whatever!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Schimmel03 said:
is that when the next one is? Or is there one sooner than that?
thats the next one.. The track is all booked up.

They are planning on 2 in october and maybe 1 in november. Better make it to the sept one if you still want a chance to ride there.

Cost is $30 for all day. Show up early and we can ride all morning while its cool and then take it easy the rest of the day and go out to eat. It was a blast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We will be riding the 20th (Monday evening) in Kansas City. PM me if you can make it. We are currently seeking a bigger track.

RIP

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool! I will plan on staying thru monday to meet up with you guys. I have 20 plastic cones and can get more if it helps. Where and when? or PM instead. Any interest in riding that river road? The more the merrier! It's just me and my two Polini's coming down. I have a freind in town but have not heard back from him yet. I'm coming down anyway for other events that weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schimmel03 said:
So, what kind of gear is required to race at the track. I know helmets. But what else?
I don't recall the track or race club having requirements. I saw two pocket bike wrecks that lst saturday alone and gear saved their skin. I always recommend FULL GEAR ar at least as much as you can possibly muster up or afford.

Helmet
gloves
jacket
boots
pants
clean underwear

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey all

im just getting into this market and was wondering how many places in iowa that have bike days like that...do kart tracks do this often?....peace...btw was that you selling one off?...if so lemme know how much you want for it....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ToTalXS said:
im just getting into this market and was wondering how many places in iowa that have bike days like that...do kart tracks do this often?....peace...btw was that you selling one off?...if so lemme know how much you want for it....
fstbusa has a CAG for sale, send him a Private Message. He's from waterloo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Duh1 said:
Yesterday was a BLAST! I only wish more pocketbike riders would have showed up.

i was gonna be there but I have a deadline to get my rental property up n ready...lemme know when the next iowa PB meet will be....me n my ff cag will def be there....

·
Registered
461 Posts
supposed to be oct 9th I think..... then after that like the 23rd or so.

better be there... there was only like 6 of us this last time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts