Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area. The others categories didn't seem right.
I am a soon to be first time pocket bike rider and I was hoping to get some tips and advice from some more experienced people. I will appreciate any and all advice....
I plan on getting the automatic 110cc X19 Fighter from Usa Pocket bikes X19-R Fighter Superbike -- USA Pocket Bikes So i guess my first question is, What do you think of that bike and has anyone ever shopped from that website(if so, are they good, bad? Are there better sites?)
I plan on driving my on the road, so I was wondering whats the process of doing so.... Does it have to be registered, do you need a license, insurance. etc
Also I live in Connecticut so I was wondering how it does with hills.
I found and article here where it says that "all 110cc pocket bikes will not do more than 40mph out of the box PERIOD" And it goes on to tell you how to make it achieve 80mph. My question is about the parts he said to get. I cant find them on the site I plan on getting the bike from or any other site for that matter. So where do I get them? Pocket Bike Forum

I know I'm asking a lot, So any help will be Greatly appreciated... Thanks for reading... Johnny

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
First things first: welcome to the site, Johnny.

As for your question about USA PB, you can go to our Supplier Feedback section of the forum, and look at the polls set up for that vendor. A good poll generally means fast shipping, good customer service, returns phonecalls and emails promptly, and so on. A bad poll ..... well, you might not wanna order from those guys ....

Street riding: we don't normally talk about street riding on an open forum, because someone out tere will say, "But the guys on PBP are doing it!" Causes all sorts of problems .... However, you're asking about getting the bike to be street-legal. In some cases, the answer is yes - the bike can be modified with mirrors, street tires, and other bits and pieces to be made street-legal in some states. However, even though what is "legal" in one state may be "illegal" in another. You will want to check the state laws for Connecticut to find out what needs to be done to the bike. And yes, you will have to register it, get paltes, insurance, and have a motorcycle license to ride it on the street. (If you check in our "What's The Law?" section, many people have brought up similar questions about pb's in their own states.)

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
you buy a toy and make it into a road worthy bike
change the oil, aw man just change everything really, but out of the box make sure everything is tight and safe
wear gear, you will crash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts