Pocketbike Forum banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Numbers

We will have a number cup for the first heat and then positioning of first race will be the second heat starting order. We had alot on our plate and suprisingly was able to jugle it all and still take home the win in 1 class. I couldn't of done it without the help of some fellow riders. We will work on a flaging duty the next race. There will be some changes but all in all it went better than I could of asked for. No back row starts for me. Its dangerous chewing through all them asses on my way to the front! LOL LOL LOL
Thanks for coming out, Troy

Backwoodz said:
I would just like to say I thought everyone did a great job Sunday and it was great time even though I never put my bike on the track. I just wanted to say thanks to Troy, Bart, Ricky, Brian, and to all else that made this a great turn out......But, I do think that Troy needs to start in the back from now on...lol

I will be seeing you guys in two weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
moto-x-troy said:
We will have a number cup for the first heat and then positioning of first race will be the second heat starting order. We had alot on our plate and suprisingly was able to jugle it all and still take home the win in 1 class. I couldn't of done it without the help of some fellow riders. We will work on a flaging duty the next race. There will be some changes but all in all it went better than I could of asked for. No back row starts for me. Its dangerous chewing through all them asses on my way to the front! LOL LOL LOL
Thanks for coming out, Troy
well i had a great time as well and i know victor enjoyed it also, i know im 1 person and i only have 1 opinion, some may agree and some may disagree , all in all it went well , yes we do need more flaggers and a few guys who stalled on the track need to get out of the way or someone is going to get hurt, also at the start of races i think for all classes there should be a no foot push rule or a 2 step push rule there were som pretty crappy starts with the foot push, also i heard a parent and child left early due to request ,that he was wiping out to much , on my behalf and my son (victor) 1 or 2 spills in practice is ok, it happens but 9 to 10 spills is crazy and i would not want my child running in a race with the chances of a crash happening based on what i witnessed in practice with this fellow rider, no offense and i hope this rider does not take this personal but safty is number one in my opinion , and i remind everyone this is just my opinion, i understand we are all taking a risk riding these little bikes but we all have to look out for each other, all in all it was a great time and i give my man troy a pat on the back , we will see you all on the 14 of november and victor is looking for a first place win , trust me its on the way , lol
brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Thanks for the props and I agree with you on all subjects. Its only going to get better. I am truely SORRY Victor for running into you! Yea rite! IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOUR FACE! I only gave you a love tap that propelled you about 5mph faster, Insatantly. I really did not mean it but it was cool anyways. No one got hurt and you will remember it for sure. It scared me cause I thought you were going into the wall but you saved it and gained valuable experience. Thats giving you a littly taste of the Fast Cags. Or atleast mine. I am glad you came out and helped with everything. It only ran smooth due to the help from people like you. Victor, you did great and always getting better. The winner from your class will not be running junior class no more. He is stepping up to the Fast Cags. There is your win on a silver platter(or would it be Gold?). LOL Who knows there might be and probably will be more racers next race so you may have to earn it afterall.
Thanks for everything,Troy Gansen


videobrandon said:
well i had a great time as well and i know victor enjoyed it also, i know im 1 person and i only have 1 opinion, some may agree and some may disagree , all in all it went well , yes we do need more flaggers and a few guys who stalled on the track need to get out of the way or someone is going to get hurt, also at the start of races i think for all classes there should be a no foot push rule or a 2 step push rule there were som pretty crappy starts with the foot push, also i heard a parent and child left early due to request ,that he was wiping out to much , on my behalf and my son (victor) 1 or 2 spills in practice is ok, it happens but 9 to 10 spills is crazy and i would not want my child running in a race with the chances of a crash happening based on what i witnessed in practice with this fellow rider, no offense and i hope this rider does not take this personal but safty is number one in my opinion , and i remind everyone this is just my opinion, i understand we are all taking a risk riding these little bikes but we all have to look out for each other, all in all it was a great time and i give my man troy a pat on the back , we will see you all on the 14 of november and victor is looking for a first place win , trust me its on the way , lol
brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
moto-x-troy said:
Thanks for the props and I agree with you on all subjects. Its only going to get better. I am truely SORRY Victor for running into you! Yea rite! IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOUR FACE! I only gave you a love tap that propelled you about 5mph faster, Insatantly. I really did not mean it but it was cool anyways. No one got hurt and you will remember it for sure. It scared me cause I thought you were going into the wall but you saved it and gained valuable experience. Thats giving you a littly taste of the Fast Cags. Or atleast mine. I am glad you came out and helped with everything. It only ran smooth due to the help from people like you. Victor, you did great and always getting better. The winner from your class will not be running junior class no more. He is stepping up to the Fast Cags. There is your win on a silver platter(or would it be Gold?). LOL Who knows there might be and probably will be more racers next race so you may have to earn it afterall.
Thanks for everything,Troy Gansen
lol, troy my little man said you bumped him hard , but it happens, we all love to brag about our childreen but all of you , troy,rick,bart,brian and others say victor is fast everytime you see him but i dont want to get victors head to big (he is standing over my shoulder right now) no wins on a silver platter this boy says "i will earn my wins and medals/trophys" take care see ya all soon
brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
I would like to address the push off rule. I think that it is up to the rider to determine how much he or she can push off with their legs. No matter how much they push off they will have to have their feet on the pegs by the first corner. Every one has the same oppertunity to push off with one or both legs. There is no real advantage here for anyone. Pushing off also helps your machine from eating clutches. These werent meant to be drag racers they are most effective when at speed and when the clutch stays engaged. Let me know if I am missing something in relation to the push starts that you are trying to address. I have been racing for over three years at local and national level and there is never a race where racers dont push off. The europeans who started this sport also push from the start. Frank Toth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
ok ill try to make a visual ---- im not complaining, but check this out 4 guys at the start and you push your feet 3 times while everyone has their throttles wide open and their feet on the pegs from the start, the guy pushing is already in first place, ( and he won the race today) now if all 4 at the start pushed then i guess it cool, but today that wasnt the case, i didnt even ride i was there with my son , this is just what i saw, euro rules or not it didnt seem fair today.
brandon
Frank Toth said:
I would like to address the push off rule. I think that it is up to the rider to determine how much he or she can push off with their legs. No matter how much they push off they will have to have their feet on the pegs by the first corner. Every one has the same oppertunity to push off with one or both legs. There is no real advantage here for anyone. Pushing off also helps your machine from eating clutches. These werent meant to be drag racers they are most effective when at speed and when the clutch stays engaged. Let me know if I am missing something in relation to the push starts that you are trying to address. I have been racing for over three years at local and national level and there is never a race where racers dont push off. The europeans who started this sport also push from the start. Frank Toth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Push off Rule

Yea I agree with Frank! My little bike don't like taking off and it actually wouldn't. I did not have the idle mixture lean enough and it loaded up on the line and would not go and I had to push off. But even it I didn't have to I still would it is way to hard on the belt on my Mid-Bike and its FASTER!
Thanks for the input, Troy Gansen
Frank Toth said:
I would like to address the push off rule. I think that it is up to the rider to determine how much he or she can push off with their legs. No matter how much they push off they will have to have their feet on the pegs by the first corner. Every one has the same oppertunity to push off with one or both legs. There is no real advantage here for anyone. Pushing off also helps your machine from eating clutches. These werent meant to be drag racers they are most effective when at speed and when the clutch stays engaged. Let me know if I am missing something in relation to the push starts that you are trying to address. I have been racing for over three years at local and national level and there is never a race where racers dont push off. The europeans who started this sport also push from the start. Frank Toth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
You just gotta Push off if your over 100 lbs. Victor takes off good but would take off even faster if he learned to push off. It is just one more technique of riding these things. I don't like it when Mike does it and smokes the holeshot every time but he has that to his advantage cause he is soo good at it and he don't weigh that much either. Not trying to shut you down or anything I see your point but soon enough everyone will be doing it.

See Ya ,Troy

videobrandon said:
ok ill try to make a visual ---- im not complaining, but check this out 4 guys at the start and you push your feet 3 times while everyone has their throttles wide open and their feet on the pegs from the start, the guy pushing is already in first place, ( and he won the race today) now if all 4 at the start pushed then i guess it cool, but today that wasnt the case, i didnt even ride i was there with my son , this is just what i saw, euro rules or not it didnt seem fair today.
brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
moto-x-troy said:
You just gotta Push off if your over 100 lbs. Victor takes off good but would take off even faster if he learned to push off. It is just one more technique of riding these things. I don't like it when Mike does it and smokes the holeshot every time but he has that to his advantage cause he is soo good at it and he don't weigh that much either. Not trying to shut you down or anything I see your point but soon enough everyone will be doing it.

See Ya ,Troy
its not a issue of shutting me down , if thats the way it is im col with that to the fullest dont get me wrong i love this sport and the events and the people involved i just thought id bring it up i hope no one is here to be upset with anyone else for chit chatting about different issues that may occur, just chatting
brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
I would like to thank troy and bart for taking on the indoor racing scene. You guys did a good job considering the amount of people that were there. I enjoyed putting in a lot of laps today. It is good to get on the bike once in a while and ride just for the sake of riding. Maybe the next time I will be able to stay for the race action. Would there have been a class for me today? I was riding a 4.2 hp bike. Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
videobrandon said:
well i had a great time as well and i know victor enjoyed it also, i know im 1 person and i only have 1 opinion, some may agree and some may disagree , all in all it went well , yes we do need more flaggers and a few guys who stalled on the track need to get out of the way or someone is going to get hurt, also at the start of races i think for all classes there should be a no foot push rule or a 2 step push rule there were som pretty crappy starts with the foot push, also i heard a parent and child left early due to request ,that he was wiping out to much , on my behalf and my son (victor) 1 or 2 spills in practice is ok, it happens but 9 to 10 spills is crazy and i would not want my child running in a race with the chances of a crash happening based on what i witnessed in practice with this fellow rider, no offense and i hope this rider does not take this personal but safty is number one in my opinion , and i remind everyone this is just my opinion, i understand we are all taking a risk riding these little bikes but we all have to look out for each other, all in all it was a great time and i give my man troy a pat on the back , we will see you all on the 14 of november and victor is looking for a first place win , trust me its on the way , lolbrandon
Ok,First of it was my first indoor race.We didn`t know wha it was going to be like!So you need to start somewhere!I have raced twice before outdoor i`m still learning the some things to do on the track so my message it EVERYONE NEEDS TO START SOMEWHERE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I am in the works of getting something of the same nature started in my area, northern CA. How are you dealing with the ventilation issues? I have very large warehouse that I am looking into...the air isn't stagnant, but the air movement is poor...it is around 15,000 sqft.



bartw said:
Midwest Mini Moto Winter Racing Club at www.kart2kart.com (PBP approved link) by Owner...



The purpose of this club will be to provide a racing outlet for miniature racing motorcycles on an indoor course for the duration of the winter months during the later part of the year 2004 and beginning of 2005. The club is non-profit and the membership fees will be used solely to cover the cost of track rental, trophies, awards banquet and possibly an electronic timing system should there be enough money.



The proposed race dates are:

10/31/04 (I know it is Halloween but the race is in the morning)

11/14/04

12/12/04

1/9/05

1/30/05

2/13/05

3/13/05



Bike classes:

Cag/Daytona Stock class- this means no internal modifications and bikes are limited to 40cc, anyone with a factory big bore kit will have to run in the modified class, pipes, carbs, rocket keys, gearing and clutch upgrades are permitted since they only offer nominal gains and most people already have them. ( no, your engine is not 47cc)



Cag/Daytona Modified class- anything goes as long as it is based on any of the small Chinese pocket bikes with modified Chinese motors.



Midbike Class-any midsize “pocket rocket” as they are commonly referred to. Any modifications are allowed as long as the bike is based on any of the Chinese pocket bike motors, ported heads, carbs, big bore kits, tire and suspension upgrades are welcome. This class may later be divided up if there is a strong showing in this class and there are enough stock bikes to create a stock class.



Junior class-all those 15 and under on any pocket bike or midsize will run together, this class will only be held on event days that we have at least 5 entrants or else the Juniors will be mixed in the classes that their bike falls into



Production Class-MMMRL Production Class rules apply



Open Class-Run what you brung as long as it is a pocket bike, Chinese water cooled and highly modified air cooled bikes will only be permitted in this class if the bike and rider have shown significant enough speed to not be deemed a safety hazard on the track which we have yet to see but I suppose it is possible.



Our track time on the dates is limited to 4 hours. The first 2 hours will be practice and the 2nd two hours will be when we run the different class heats. There will be a minimum of 2 heats run in each class and possibly a 3 rd heat if time permits.

The points system will be as follows for each heat

1st place- 100 points

2nd place-90 points

3rd place-85 points

4th place-80 points

5th place-75 points

6th place-70 points

7th place-65 points

8th place-60 points

9th place-55 points

10th place-50 points and so on for additional places 5 points down each place

There will be 25 points awarded to each participant if you are at the track but cannot start your heat due to a mechanical problem. These points are awarded to encourage attendance at all races and so that if your bike becomes disabled during practice you are not going home empty handed and are not automatically out of the championship points.



Trophies will be awarded in each class for the finishing order of the day which is the 2 or 3 heats that we run combined. In the case of two or more participants scoring the same amount of points for the day the nod will go to the person who finished higher in the last heat that we ran. A season champion will be crowned in each class at the end of the season when we tally all the points totals from all of the heats.



All racers must wear protective clothing. The minimum is: DOT approved helmet, leather jacket, long pants, knee pads, gloves and shoes or boots that cover the ankle.

All bikes must have and will be checked prior to being allowed on the track: functional front and rear brakes as well as an ignition kill switch. Bikes leaking any fluids will be black flagged immediately and repairs must be made before it is allowed back on the track.



Cost will be $25 per person for each race or $100 prepaid for the whole season (works out to $14.29 per race) The club will be started only if we can get enough members to cover the track rental.

Please reply with your info if you are interested and if you would pay the $100 up front or pay $25 for each race you will enter. I need quite a few guys or gals to commit to this so that we can get this started.
 

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Pocket dude 411, I hope you are not discouraged by this. I did not even see any of your crashes but I understand that it just freaked out Tony the track owner and he is already on our behind about some of the young guys out there, he did not even want to let Victor run this morning even though he has been out there many times before. I really apologise for what happenned but we had to address the safety issue so that you do not get hurt and no one else does either. I must say that you have NO FEAR, you attacked that slick indoor surface with some serious attitude. Ricky was just asking you to slow down, you guys did not have to leave, unfortunately we do not own the track and if the owner is panicking we are very much at his mercy, also it was scaring the other parents because when you would fall there were guys around you running into trouble. I hope you guys will come out again, I was looking forward to running against your dad. Next time though you are going to have take it slow and then increase your speed as you test what tracktion is available and not the other way around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Input Brandon, that is much Appreciated not frowned upon. You were alot of help today and will be a part of our program at all the races. Your opinion is WELCOMED at any time. We will all work for a smoother race day. I don't get mad at you anyways your too big I'll just run into Victor again! LOL LOL Gotta go faster Vic is all I was saying by the love tap. I was impressed by his handling of the incident.
Troy

videobrandon said:
its not a issue of shutting me down , if thats the way it is im col with that to the fullest dont get me wrong i love this sport and the events and the people involved i just thought id bring it up i hope no one is here to be upset with anyone else for chit chatting about different issues that may occur, just chatting
brandon
 

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Frank, that open class bike is sick and wrong. You need to get 4 other guys to come with you to form a class. I would love to test that 4.2 bike against a modified Cag, I think if it doesn't pull too hard from it we would allow it but that will remain to be seen. BTW, whenever we have a break and you wanted to test out that green beast you could have went out there and got some clean laps in with no traffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
bartw said:
Pocket dude 411, I hope you are not discouraged by this. I did not even see any of your crashes but I understand that it just freaked out Tony the track owner and he is already on our behind about some of the young guys out there, he did not even want to let Victor run this morning even though he has been out there many times before. I really apologise for what happenned but we had to address the safety issue so that you do not get hurt and no one else does either. I must say that you have NO FEAR, you attacked that slick indoor surface with some serious attitude. Ricky was just asking you to slow down, you guys did not have to leave, unfortunately we do not own the track and if the owner is panicking we are very much at his mercy, also it was scaring the other parents because when you would fall there were guys around you running into trouble. I hope you guys will come out again, I was looking forward to running against your dad. Next time though you are going to have take it slow and then increase your speed as you test what tracktion is available and not the other way around.
No we won`t be coming back.I think we`ll stick to outdoor racing i don`t like the floor in that place to slippery.But we left early because we didn`t wanna get you guys introuble.
 

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
This track does scare a lot of people and some guys won't even run on it. Oh well, I was hoping that you guys would get some practice in for the 2005 season. We are going to try to run as many tracks as possible, I think variety will be cool, we are working on getting Detroit area tracks to sign on so we go to a different place every time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
That is not and was not our intention for you to leave but I do appreciate you understanding. I myself will understand if you don't like the slick track but still encourage you to learn throttle control. This track will only make you a better rider when you do get some grip from the tires. I will say that I admire you desire to go as fast as you can but sometimes slower is faster and this is soo hard to learn for most of us. Slower and smoother will cover more ground then fast and falling on the ground. I race RC cars and I have the same problem I always want to go full tilt and I do cause I can it is a RC car and I am not on it. Don't get me wrong I wrecked 2 times myself. If you don't wreck your not trying hard enough. Thats what practice is for to learn the limits of the bike on the track surface. You looked fast but you have to be consistant to get the points and finishes. you really need to give it some more thought and if you still decide not to come out and play I will refund you any membership fees you have paid. Thanks for coming out although you did not enjoy yourself I appreciated it.

Troy Gansen

pocket dude 411 said:
No we won`t be coming back.I think we`ll stick to outdoor racing i don`t like the floor in that place to slippery.But we left early because we didn`t wanna get you guys introuble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
To Rick, Troy and Bart... Great job on the first of what I hope to be many more races there.. The turn out was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and you guys did a great job keeping it all going.


One thing.... maybe dont run as much practice time so you have more time to run the heats and main races. We had that same problem that last round at K2K...or get there at 8 and run till 1.....

none the less... good job yous guys! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
First To My Man Troy, I Will Help Any Time I Can, I Dont Want To Be Known As The A-hole That Tells You What Needs To Be Changed I Just Like This Sport So Much And Want To See It Grow And I Enjoy Watching My Boy Race And Im Getting Close To Doing It My Self, As For Eric (pocket Dude) I Understand You Need To Start Somewhere Totally, I Would Hope To See You Out At K2k Again , Practice Makes Perfect Bro, Nobodys Perfect, See Ya
Brandon
 
61 - 80 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top