Pocketbike Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry guys!! I am finally back. My phone broke and had my credentials. All fixed. The engine will be back on track. The crank bearings are in. Baked the cases, froze the bearings. One dropped right in the other was a fighter. But got it in with some influence.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The crank seals are installed as well as the bearings. I put the case house together and put medium Loctite on the bolts, just a dab. Also installed the cylinder head. I still need to put on the flywheel and clutch. I think I might upgrade the clutch springs to HP Springs. I do have them laying around. But considering I was going to break this engine in and then maybe do a little bit more work to it later, I might wait. So as of now I just got to put everything back together and do the petcock mod. And then I need to mod my exhaust.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I did not use a rocket key yet. After I break it in I want to see how the power feels compared to my stock 40 mm I have and then I might do the flywheel mod, clutch mod, Rocket Key, and probably upgrade my ignition to a race one with a better wire.
And honestly that would probably be all I would do to this one, if I get Rowdy maybe one day I'll do a boost port.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Nice pipes!!! I would love to try the IP2 clone racing pipe.

·
Super Moderator
3,172 Posts
So, got another pocket bike, installed this motor, did the 3 heat cycles. Waiting to hit up a parking lot for more break in.
Using a temporary pipe while I mod the final pipe.
Yea!!!!! That's the way to do it!!! Do you have the seat part? If you don't you can use a skateboard deck.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Its worth a $100 even with no motor at today's prices, lol. Spring is here, all the pocket bikes addicts have risen from their Winter sleep with an itch to Ride,lol.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Yes!!! I have a seat fairing luckily, for the A2. Unfortunately the lucky 7 I picked up did not. But Ill hit up ebay most likely for another A2 seat.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts