Pocketbike Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Oh man, been searching the ends of the internet trying to find some L7 parts. Or good deals on A2 parts. I'll get there. For now I just want to get this engine to the parking lot to break it in and then the other one as well.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Well, almost forgot about this project. The bike and engine sat for a while. Finally took it to a parking lot. Let me tell you, only running 1/3 to 2/3 throttle for about 3 to 4 seconds, this thing pulls really hard. All that was done blending from the case to the cylinder head. Mostly the base of the transfer ports. Higher compression, reed stopper mod, petcock mod, taper bored and rejet carb, HP clutch springs, and better crank bearings. Pretty amazing for just a little bit of work. It is still running the stock Chinese spark plug and coil. Why wheel is untouched and no rocket key. Really impressed, however this one is going to be sold on the bike. I have way too many projects and need room. So it will be put up locally. I am running a terrible stock pipe on it. I was running a slightly modified pipe when I ran it. Now it has a stock one. Just can't sell my modified pipes. Not yet.
So I have to say with a few key tasteful mods these things are really fun. I have a bone stock 40 mm on another pocket bike that is really slow on Excel but it does do 26 mph. It has a 6 tooth front and somewhere around a 68 rear. It is a 8 mm chain, came stock on that bike.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts