Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ok so i noticed when i start my bike its really shaky and loud and when i use the throttle it still dosnt do anything but it turns off the bike and if i flick the throttle sometimes it will make the tire stop spining so im not sure if the throttle might be the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ok so i noticed when i start my bike its really shaky and loud and when i use the throttle it still dosnt do anything but it turns off the bike and if i flick the throttle sometimes it will make the tire stop spining so im not sure if the throttle might be the issue.
and the reason i started having issues was cuz me and my cousin were riding on it at the same time

·
Registered
160 Posts
What kind of bike, what kind of engine?? sounds like you have a clutch dragging problem, weak or broken spring. Also sound like you have a carb problem also, If the engine sat for months or years need to re-move the carb and clean it, float and main jets if you have a piston carb. When you open up your throttle and it dies, its either way to rich or lean. What color is the tail pipe end??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What kind of bike, what kind of engine?? sounds like you have a clutch dragging problem, weak or broken spring. Also sound like you have a carb problem also, If the engine sat for months or years need to re-move the carb and clean it, float and main jets if you have a piston carb. When you open up your throttle and it dies, its either way to rich or lean. What color is the tail pipe end??
i have a colmnct200uex and i dont know what kind of engine i have and i just rememberd that the first kid i had check it out said that in side the clutch was moving by itself and i totally forgot and if it was to lean what would i do to fix it and how would i know if i needed a new one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
See the slot on the shaft? There should be a key way there to hold the clutch in sync on the shaft without it spinning separately. The clutch doesn’t look like it has a provision for a key way. Clutches are still need to be oiled every couple rides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
See the slot on the shaft? There should be a key way there to hold the clutch in sync on the shaft without it spinning separately. The clutch doesn’t look like it has a provision for a key way. Clutches are still need to be oiled every couple rides.
ok does it need to be cleaned often to

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don’t believe there’s any cleaning procedure but after every 3 to 4 rides are supposed to drop a couple drops of oil in the clutch but I would just watch a YouTube video of showing you where to do it. Also the only thing you need to know is sprocket size that you want and the shaft size for the clutch. Just a stock clutch, you don’t need some high performance clutch, any stock one off Amazon or eBay would be fine. Just remember to measure your shaft because that is important

·
Registered
160 Posts
There has to be a key in the shaft and into a clutch slot to keep it from spinning on the shaft. I have a new one here I got for a project, $20 I paid. Pretty sure its metal to metal contact on the bell. Could be broken inside. I don't see a slot inside the clutch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don’t believe there’s any cleaning procedure but after every 3 to 4 rides are supposed to drop a couple drops of oil in the clutch but I would just watch a YouTube video of showing you where to do it. Also the only thing you need to know is sprocket size that you want and the shaft size for the clutch. Just a stock clutch, you don’t need some high performance clutch, any stock one off Amazon or eBay would be fine. Just remember to measure your shaft because that is important
Ok how do I measure the shaft

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you don't have a micrometer, just take a tape measure to the very end of the shaft. 3/4 inch, 5/8 in, could be a 1 inch but I doubt it's that big

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Those clutches are not serviceable you just buy a new one 35$ dollars on Amazon they're not even worth messing with when they get old they get off balance and they vibrate like crazy...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts