Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was about to say it is a typical 49cc mini chopper but the closer I look at it that looks like a swapped in motor, maybe from a dirt bike or something. Put some better pictures and a couple other people on here could probably help you better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am going to throw it out there and say that that is not stock. It actually looks like a 50cc out of one of those scooter/mopeds. Transmission built in. I have never seen one like that in a mini chopper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found serial number on it and it came back as 2004 chongqing astronautic bashan 4 stroke

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LHJPCDL044B000490 does anyone no how to break down the vin that is wat is on side of bike

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well nice it came up. Lol. Is there a number on the head?? 47, 49, 50?? Curious now.
People are crafty with those mini choppers and can make just about anything fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
That's a GY6 scooter engine swap in a 125cc 4 stroke peace sport frame

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i looked and cant tell that y im teying to get some answers i found vin but cant really decode it too well but i think the motor on it only like 50cc but cant even confirm that because cant find any markings on engine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so any good websites i can get engine parts and body parts from sunce it is 2 bikes built as one

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
As far as body parts your out of luck for direct bolt on parts but you should be able to find stuff at like motorcycle swap meets and such that you can make things work...

As for the scooter engine it has a pretty huge following you can pretty much get any aftermarket part imaginable for those things.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what cc is a gy6 usaully thought bout fixing it up and let grand kids ride round on it id in not too big of a cc engine

·
Registered
272 Posts
CY6 are 50cc. Should be perfect a low-power for the kids. I would spray some flammable liquid into the cylinder and see if it fires. I would want to at least run for a few seconds before I worked on anything

1 - 20 of 76 Posts