Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hopefully i can find parts cheap because i found site that selling oem parts and they wants $$$$ more than i gave for whole bike

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hear you. Keep looking. There are cheaper places out there but also have to compare shipping prices. Sometimes you get cheaper upfront prices and spend more in shipping.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
The nature of a scooter engines means that parts are going to be a lot more expensive simply because scooters are used for actual transportation and they need to be made reliable.

the good news is once you repair it it should run great for a long time unlike the pit bike engine that originally came on that with so many typical problems and parts that are unavailable and not repairable without specialty tools...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I with you guys, that's a very old style engine out of the 1900s. Looks like 50cc, also looks like a Bultaco engine from way back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Pitbike parts??? They are readily available, I help friends all the time, cheap parts yes, break a lot, top ends from time to time but the electrical systems do suck. And what speciality tools are you talking about??
Im curious, I have a ton of regular tools and have rebuild a whole 125cc chinese pitbike engine. Patience and proper bolt torque is key.
I agree the scooter parts will be more pricey, but it will be a fun chopper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
On my 150cc 4 stroke scooter I bought a hp CDI and coil for $23. Do you have all the carb parts?? Should be able to find a new clone carb, for $25 or less. Try to find some markings or numbers on the engine, I see fins missing also. If you take the carb off, you can measure the cyld bore, that will tell you what engine size you have. Looks like a great project, lets get going, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
That's a Chinese D1E41QMB 2 stroke scooter engine it's a long drive and they always crack in that same spot lol without the cowling cover and the side cover it's going to run extremely hot it's one of the most popular Chinese 2 stroke scooter engines they came in a scooter that I call the butterfly scooter because the front headlight emblem thing looks like a butterfly back in 2003 to 2008 you could buy the entire scooter for about $700 new they literally run forever it's common for people to get over 10,000/15,000 miles on those engines without having to do anything to them.

The carburetors are really funky with variable fuel rate and set up for an automatic oil mixing system they get about 50 to 75 miles to a gallon :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
sorry folks just saw this didnt notify me for some reason ill let ya no wat i do next right now its stripped to frame and no i need a throttle cable and air filter and maybe one more cable had 2 goin to carb

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's a Chinese D1E41QMB 2 stroke scooter engine it's a long drive and they always crack in that same spot lol without the cowling cover and the side cover it's going to run extremely hot it's one of the most popular Chinese 2 stroke scooter engines they came in a scooter that I call the butterfly scooter because the front headlight emblem thing looks like a butterfly back in 2003 to 2008 you could buy the entire scooter for about $700 new they literally run forever it's common for people to get over 10,000/15,000 miles on those engines without having to do anything to them.

The carburetors are really funky with variable fuel rate and set up for an automatic oil mixing system they get about 50 to 75 miles to a gallon :)
Dude, I always wanted to find one of those scooters and swap in a 125cc(same setup w/trans) Saw those on ebay a few years ago.
Problem, everyone wants $500-$700 for a used one, with no title.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Dude, I always wanted to find one of those scooters and swap in a 125cc(same setup w/trans) Saw those on ebay a few years ago.
Problem, everyone wants $500-$700 for a used one, with no title.
I had one back in the day I bought it new on eBay for $700 shipped ( this was before eBay was a scam site ) they are department of transportation approved and are clearly labeled D.O.T. on all the lights and tires and brakes ( unlike pocket bikes ) being under 50cc in most states they did not require to be licensed or titled. I took really good care of it back then I was renting a duplex and it did not have a garage so I kept it in my living room I put about 4,000 miles on it and when I bought my house I ended up selling it for $900 and got a motorcycle.

That's how I know about them 😏 I never had a single problem with mine all I did was change the stock spark plug to an NGK. I did try to change the stock air box to an aftermarket air filter cuz I thought it looked cooler but it ran really poorly without the stock air box so I put it back on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
well im not certain wat all parts im missing off bike but ik i dont have filter for carb and it does need new throttle cable and there is another cable that webt to side of carb frame needs repaired prob could use front tire also there isnt any lights on the bike but thats ok once fixed grand kids prob ride on it no point in sinking tons of cash in it

21 - 40 of 74 Posts