Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would have said install a cone filter, but sounds like MrKitty had problems. Check ebay for a used airbox or maybe it will need a rejet after the filter install.
Filter just measure the OD of the carb and order off ebay or Amazon

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
It doesn't matter about lights or anything because that frame is not street legal and there is no VIN number too license it to even if you tried...

Basically from what you're showing us the frame and all of that stuff is going to be here at Pocket bike planet...

As for your scooter engine no one here really knows that much about scooter engines I would recommend you to a form that specializes in those types of engines. it looks like you're missing some very important parts such as the automatic oiler pump and the carburetor stuff that controls the automatic oiler pump feed rate for the multi-rate fuel system.

in a lot of the Asian countries these scooter engines are like car engines to them and have gotten extremely complex over the years just like car engines I can rebuild an old Chevy 350 all day long... Pop the hood on my 2019 Volkswagen and I don't even know what to tell you about that thing it has wires and sensors and doohickeys and stuff that I don't even know what the hell it does but under all that plastic sensor mess there is an engine somewhere I guess lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Im sure there is more people here that know about the engine. MrKitty you seem to know enough. I am not saying don't get info from a few sources but I bet PBP can help him out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
ok thanks ill look round for another site but i do have the oil container it hooks under frame and runs down to trans i believe but imma start with frame repairs first then go from there

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Im sure there is more people here that know about the engine. MrKitty you seem to know enough. I am not saying don't get info from a few sources but I bet PBP can help him out.
Correct and what I meant to say is check with the scooter guys they probably have piles of scooter engines that are blown up just like how we have piles of pocket bike engines that are blown up lol he might be able to get an entire engine as a parts engine for the price of the cost of one new part...

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Correct and what I meant to say is check with the scooter guys they probably have piles of scooter engines that are blown up just like how we have piles of pocket bike engines that are blown up lol he might be able to get an entire engine as a parts engine for the price of the cost of one new part... Like I said that is one of the most popular scooter engines there should be a wealth of information about it you just have to find the right source.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, that frame is pretty shaky, holes and a lot of rust, I would try to get it sand blasted till its bare metal if its not to expensive, much easier to work on. Do you have a welder, or can you weld?? H/F Tools you can get a 70amp stick welder for around $60 on sale. They use 1/16" welding rod, great for thin stuff. The secret for this project is don't spend a lot of money. We love stuff that's different here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i do not no how to weld but i have a buddy that does and i will prob take frame down to bare metal

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like you're on your way.
MrKitty, yeah for sure, he could definitely find some cheap used parts from some scooter guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
maybe lime green with purple flames tank already got flames on it just gotta f8nd best way to remove rust from inside tank

·
Registered
160 Posts
Going to be a Great project. I have a new China clone 150cc GY6 complete ready to go, in its Styrofoam case, a spare. Can't sell it cause shipping is way to much now. On mine the exhaust comes out the front where your carb is. Your engine is much different than my 150cc.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts