Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I said it would not work with that frame. That's a pretty old engine, lot of changes since they built those, the GY6 and a rear wheel shaft, would never work. Any of this stuff needs to be modified, just keep moving forward. They use them in Quad ATV and Go Karts also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a hp 170cc kit for the GY6 with high top piston, all the parts you need plus gaskets. You might look for a hp piston fror that engine. Wiseco can make you a custom piston for $90 or less. One of my HP engine has a teflon coated piston.
I would run that engine till it won't go anymore, then sell it on eBay as antique, lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
im looking round for another engine just incase i cant get it to work correctly with my bike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
idk how to mount that i see most folks use those on bikes my dad got an old 5 hp till motor said if i could get it runnin i coyld have it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do not waste your time with a predator. I thought it looked like a two-stroke but the chain drive was throwing me off. Well now I know. See the measurements and if maybe you could find a cheap GY6 to throw in there. It should mount right up by the looks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I honestly would try to get that two-stroke running but it’s not mine. I would try to modify the parts I needed with other parts that are readily available

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
it runs how it sits just need a throttle cables and the chain drive is kinda loose was gonna put new chain in it. needs new kick start shaft and pedal both stripped beyond repair but it has option for keystart too

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
Ask the scooter guys about the chain I think that's just how they are

·
Registered
408 Posts
There has got to be parts out there for something else that would work. For the cables, measure length, check the ends to match, etc. I have had to modify plenty of parts from other things to work on current projects because of unavailability or I didnt want to wait weeks for something.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
so i have a chance to get 125cc gy6 engine for 100 bucks it complete minus engine how much modifying would i have to do to fit on my frame

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 150cc Scooter, the CVT trans has a shaft out the back of it which your rim and tire mount on. you have a chain drive to the rear wheel. Can you mod the trans to mount a rear chain from the shaft to turn you rear rim.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts